Summer weather thread 2024

I've been trying to mow my lawn all last week! It was never dry enough when I was around to do it :(

Off to Oz for a couple of weeks soon. It'll be a jungle when I get back if I cant do it before then. And more rain is forcasted early this week too.

I'm looking forward to Oz's winter tbh, which from experience, is better than our summer!

Went out to catch up with my Dad who had set off on a mini hike up the road (Mirfield, he is 92) pretty warm and humid , bit the rain here tomorrow

Screenshot-2024-07-08-11-51-01-41-99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Cambridgeshire - seems as though thunder fly season has started so need to try and keep doors closed,
they seem to like white lining on curtains, or red cycling top I used this am.

The South Pennines of West Yorkshire are as beautiful as anywhere inland in Cornwall :p

Edit: Dewsbury and Wakey less so
Yeah this is what I mean about the travelling to find a good place where I can just walk from the house and up the Tors or cycle to Padstow on the camel trail.
Wakey is ok for me as I go to Pugneys and newmiller dam.
Train travel is easier here though as Bodmin parkway is in the middle of nowhere,

I've been trying to mow my lawn all last week! It was never dry enough when I was around to do it :(

Off to Oz for a couple of weeks soon. It'll be a jungle when I get back if I cant do it before then. And more rain is forcasted early this week too.

I'm looking forward to Oz's winter tbh, which from experience, is better than our summer!
Its the opposite problem here havn't mowed the lawn in at least a month its as parched as the outback and about as dead looking

Take that negativity to the it’s too hot thread please. You’re breaching the no moaning about the heat rule.

I would like to remind you that you said no moaning about the weather not the heat or cold:)

"I’m starting this thread because I’m getting fed up of reading posts about people complaining of heatstroke every time a ray of sun appears.

So this thread is a moan free zone about the 2024 summer weather (weather of 2022 being a possible exception).

Although it’s summer, I still feel like I’m starting it before summer as it’s been so bloody awful and it doesn’t look like much of an improvement right into July. Still, weather can change rapidly and long term forecasts are very often just a load of guess work.

So if you want to discuss the summer weather in a positive eskimo free zone, this is the thread for you."

At least you will get to go away on holiday!

Feel pity for those of us who can't afford to get away and the British summer is all we have :p
I know that feeling we won’t be going away next year as we need to sort the garden out so funds going towards that. Hopefully get something in 2026.
It’s just getting beyond a joke now.
If we could pack up, and move to Rhodes or Florida tomorrow I’d do it in a heartbeat.

I would like to remind you that you said no moaning about the weather not the heat or cold:)

"I’m starting this thread because I’m getting fed up of reading posts about people complaining of heatstroke every time a ray of sun appears.

So this thread is a moan free zone about the 2024 summer weather (weather of 2022 being a possible exception).

Although it’s summer, I still feel like I’m starting it before summer as it’s been so bloody awful and it doesn’t look like much of an improvement right into July. Still, weather can change rapidly and long term forecasts are very often just a load of guess work.

So if you want to discuss the summer weather in a positive eskimo free zone, this is the thread for you."
Right, OP has been updated so the confusion is now over and the rules are set from henceforth

Back
Top Bottom