Superman: Legacy

Associate
Didnt the similarly shot sneaked out set snaps of Heath Ledger as the joker also cause a lot of negativity, but worked brilliantly in context ?

Appreciate it wasnt a spandexy rubber suit but still...
It's not quite the same though.

Ledger's Joker was a replacement that was long time in waiting. Everyone was just waiting on them. Here, an existing and generally well liked Superman and actor was replaced unceremoniously very recently, and the facts of what happened that lead to the replacement has put a very scummy shady light onto the current teams (Gunn). Leaving fans non plus'd over the matter, where unless if Gunn's version meets or exceeds Cavil's Superman, it's going to get a hard nope from very harsh comparisons. This was stated a long time back and it's playing out exactly as predicted.

Ledger's Joker was also not the center of the film universe and would not be setting the tone of that film universe either. If we look at the Joker film itself, that's fine as it set the tone for that universe there. Here, it's replacement Superman (for a replacement universe), but it's highly disappointing because of David's costume being so ill fitting and looking really off. CGI can't fix everything and if it was needed to fix something like that, you wasted the money doing so getting the suit in the first place; just put on a motion capture suit instead.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Some more pictures out and the suit just looks so cheap. The pants had creases and more like some budget cosplay. I hope it looks much better on screen because it's going to have a hard time topping Cavill.

Soldato
Some more pictures out and the suit just looks so cheap. The pants had creases and more like some budget cosplay. I hope it looks much better on screen because it's going to have a hard time topping Cavill.

There's probably going to be a lot of post work that we're missing, but there's only so much you can do with that given the overall design looks like tat and will even if they shop it to look more form fitting.

I honestly don't know how companies can **** things up to this degree, Superman should be an easy sell and they absolutely had that potential with Cavil. They'd have been better off doing a soft reboot if they wanted to change the tone of things, he was perfect in the role, the issue was with the script and the fact they went too hard with the first movie.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Doesnt sound too thrilling. That black Noir character we seen in some of the pictures allegedly could be Ultraman!!?

Last edited:
Soldato
costumes look crap but i'll be giving Gunn the benefit of the doubt. I don't think he has made anything that wasn't good (i haven't watched his troma stuff though)

Back
Top Bottom