Superman: Legacy

Give it a few years and we can have an Crisis of Infinite earths showdown where we see Henrys superman vs David superman.... and Henry wins
I don't think they will get that far.

IMO Superhero movies are now dead, marvel is failing, so DC does not stand much of a chance, unless they make something fantastic also DC has not been good at them outside batman,
they keep jumping in to the deep end, not focusing on story or development.

plus most people are already not happy about Henry Cavill no longer being superman.
The cast so far for this has not been great choice.

if it going to end up like justice league or flash they may as well trash it and start with a good story for a movie people would watch, superman and batman is on repeat every few years.

Yeah DC dropped a ****** not carrying on after Green Lantern flopped hard. Thinking on it, whilst I'm not sure a 'nolanesque' justice league would have worked, I would have loved a Tim Burton style justice league.

Yeah DC dropped a ****** not carrying on after Green Lantern flopped hard. Thinking on it, whilst I'm not sure a 'nolanesque' justice league would have worked, I would have loved a Tim Burton style justice league.

Still not sure what James Gunn vision is. Bit surprised there been no footage at all to give confidence to fans.

Yeah, they should have carried on with the lower budget DC movies like marvel did, fanning things out, maybe started with stand alone movies, batman, flash, Dr fate who we know nothing about, so on the flop was no build up and the rush to get it done, batman v superman then jump to justice league which should have been to parts each to start with in my option. if it was me I would have started out with a new flash movie semi reboot with a new actor (Grant Gustin) and build around that, new world get to know things along with flash.

They'll keep trying despite making an ass of it purely out of desperation to cash in while they can, they only have a decade before Superman and Batman become public domain and the rest of DC isn't far behind.

Yes, I'm aware that only pertains to their earliest iterations, but it still opens the door for some potentially interesting material from other companies.

Last edited:
also im not sure what they are trying to do but is it that easy for soldiers or even other powerful beings to get superman face down on the ground .
86618373-13573625-image-a-14_1719443137331.jpg
Or Superman is going along with the soldiers and complying with their instructions.

If this is a reboot/early superman type story a lot of things would make sense, including the suit.
IIRC there is a bit in at least one of the old films/TV serials where superman basically shows he's not a threat to the "normies" by deliberately not using his powers, to make the point he's not a threat to them by choice (I'm fairly sure Batman has done something similar on screen at least once and he's not the boy scout Superman is).

Also these candid shots are all without any colour grading etc, and the lenses used in the cameras make a huge difference to how the suits will look, so colours that look bad in a mobile phone camera or a DSLR camera on default settings can look much better when they're shot with a camera/lens/filter/lighting that they were intended for use and tested with.

On a personal note I actually like the classic colour scheme, and the thought that I won't need a windowless room painted in Pantone Black with a laser projector to actually see details in a film ;) (my younger brother only half jokes about IIRC Justice League where you could tell the Snyder scenes because you couldn't see much).

Or Superman is going along with the soldiers and complying with their instructions.

If this is a reboot/early superman type story a lot of things would make sense, including the suit.
IIRC there is a bit in at least one of the old films/TV serials where superman basically shows he's not a threat to the "normies" by deliberately not using his powers, to make the point he's not a threat to them by choice (I'm fairly sure Batman has done something similar on screen at least once and he's not the boy scout Superman is).

Also these candid shots are all without any colour grading etc, and the lenses used in the cameras make a huge difference to how the suits will look, so colours that look bad in a mobile phone camera or a DSLR camera on default settings can look much better when they're shot with a camera/lens/filter/lighting that they were intended for use and tested with.

On a personal note I actually like the classic colour scheme, and the thought that I won't need a windowless room painted in Pantone Black with a laser projector to actually see details in a film ;) (my younger brother only half jokes about IIRC Justice League where you could tell the Snyder scenes because you couldn't see much).
Its still superman, so not likely to be face down on the ground even if he's complying. then again you never know.
Personally I don't mind the colours, I just don't like the underwear on the outside or the way it looks.

Its still superman, so not likely to be face down on the ground even if he's complying. then again you never know.
Personally I don't mind the colours, I just don't like the underwear on the outside or the way it looks.
If the story has him not being known about at the time, then if he was doing his boy scout bit he'd probably accept being dealt with like that knowing that A: he can get free any time and B: He should have a chance to explain/the people he's helped speak up.

As I say I'm fairly sure there has been similar stuff in the comics/on film going back ages, all that might have changed is it being updated to show how US police etc handle suspects these days.

In Man of Steel he let them handcuff him. He goes along with authority. Being law abiding ensures people’s trust in him.

In Man of Steel he let them handcuff him. He goes along with authority. Being law abiding ensures people’s trust in him.

Agree.

Personally, I think it's more the visual of how Superman is being detained and what else it would imply that's where it's likely getting people heated.

In Man of Steel, it didn't reveal any "take down" of Superman. It skipped directly to Superman walking down a corridor flanked by soldiers and in cuffs (in front of him) after a show of superiority in the previous scene. Now, we have a take down scene that is clearly Superman taken down like a down town drug addled thug. Then had cuffs put on with his arms behind his back.

That's a world of difference in showing Superman handing himself in and being cuffed. One is still pretty much "Super" (and the viewers know it), the other is not.

Back
Top Bottom