Supplements the debate/discussion thread

Soldato
My father-in-law has diabetes and apparently it’s good for lots of things, one of them apparently helps blood sugar? He used to crush the garlic and just pop it on a spoon and down it.

In your food is much nicer but I hate having garlic breath at work and I'd rather try and keep my missus!

Soldato
I sometimes take ZMA and can't say it does much for me other than help me sleep a bit better but also makes me need to go to the toilet more frequent!

Stopped taking it on it's own now since I have been using PhD Synergy which I quite like

Associate
Cheers smit, even if it just helps my sleep I'll be happy.

On the garlic, I love it but hardly eat it anymore because its a bit of a faff when I'm just putting chicken on the grill but i will try and get some in and see if it helps.

Cheers guys :)

Soldato
I use ZMA, it really does let you sleep better.

I've not seen any other benefits, but the extra sleep is a godsent in my area with all the noise.

Also I love garlic, I really should start cooking with it again.

Then I'll look like FF in no time :D Maybe even have some of his hair growth going the then, since I'm 21 with almost no body hair. Cept the face, need to shave that bugger a lot.

Soldato
Kappa- Don't know if you read above but steedie mentioned/is of the opinion that pump products should be just that and doesn't see why it has protein in it. I've emailed him and hopefully will be going down to ask that and various other Q's, anything you'd like to know?

Cheers mate, read the answer above :)

Thats all I really needed to know, I kinda take them for what they are at the moment, to kick me up the backside. I dont take or load creatine either normally, however wonder if I load it and use NO-XPLODE or something like that aswell if it will benefit me even more.

Soldato
Cheers mate, read the answer above :)

Thats all I really needed to know, I kinda take them for what they are at the moment, to kick me up the backside. I dont take or load creatine either normally, however wonder if I load it and use NO-XPLODE or something like that aswell if it will benefit me even more.

I think the fact I've been taking it, has made me train harder, as I want to maximise potential. I do my regular workout, a normal mans workout as such. But keep going. The pump gets pritty big, and doesn't fade at all. Even now I still feel a bit, but I think thats just muscle fatigue :p I got reallllly vascular today on my back and biceps workout. I got a huge tricep pump on chest yesterday, so much so sleeping became akward.

After I've finished my workout I go quite light, but with strict form, very slow negatives and a big squeeze for high reps. E.g. after god knows how many sets for my back and arms I finished with 40KG lat pull down for 20 reps x 2, 4 second negative with a pause at peak.

I'd buy 2 samples of each, V-max, N.O Xplode and Superpump 250 if you can and try them, see which works best before you fork out. I brought my tub of V-max earlier :p Looking foward to an intense leg workout today.

One things for sure it gives you the energy and focus to really push yourself and you're getting more to your muscles when you need it most.

My chap's response to cycling it was that most people do about 8 or so weeks, then stop for a week or two, then repeat etc. I also asked about swapping brands of products to combat it loosing it's effectivness which he gave the thumbs up. You could even change it weekly if you can afford to buy a tub of each, providing they all work for you, its a very subjective thing so it seems.

Sorry for long post!

Soldato
Good info Benny, will definitely look to sample some of these. Agree with the pump and going for it! Prior to taking anything my last few exercises used to suffer a bit, but I blast through workouts now.

dun

dun

Soldato
I used no-explode summer 08 ~20lb lighter. It was really really good about twice. Really sick pumps, veins everywhere, mental focus like nothing before. Then after a few times I felt nothing even on about 5* the initial dose. Me and a friend tried race chugging several scoops and water in a pint glass that was so thick you couldn't get the dust to mix at the top and still barely anything (not recommended by the way). IMO its worth a try but only by a couple of samples because it doesn't last, and even if it did I wouldn't want to take that rubbish regularly now.

Can't see too well on the pic but the vascularity was tearing me up.

1.jpg

Veins on the face= not good look
2.jpg

Soldato
Benny mate, how is the V-Max going?

Coming to the end of my N.O. X-Plode 1kg tub now, upped dosage from 1.5 scoops initially to 2scoops, the 'wired' feeling has gone, but I do get a bit of a pump still. Certainly worth the price at the start but not for me for a while, will have to take 2 weeks off.

Are you getting consistent results, i.e. kick up the arse with the V-Max as when you first started taking it?

ALSO, where do you get the samples from?

Cheers :D

Soldato
Benny mate, how is the V-Max going?

Coming to the end of my N.O. X-Plode 1kg tub now, upped dosage from 1.5 scoops initially to 2scoops, the 'wired' feeling has gone, but I do get a bit of a pump still. Certainly worth the price at the start but not for me for a while, will have to take 2 weeks off.

Are you getting consistent results, i.e. kick up the arse with the V-Max as when you first started taking it?

ALSO, where do you get the samples from?

Cheers :D

I think similar to you it has become slightley less effective. However I am still getting good pumps.

The fact I was over training and doing a lot of dropsets might have had something to do with the amount of pump I was getting. You get a good pump from dropsets anyway let alone with a pump supplement!:eek:

I still get a good pump. Energy levels are still high come the end of a workout. I could up the dosage if I liked. I think it's started to taste a little different too. The fact I'm getting extra amino's and proteins to my muscles when I need them is reason enough for me to continue taking it until this tub's done.

I've made a 3-4lb gain in weight but that was more so over the last 2 weeks due to upping my calorie intake and a change in a few exercises. My stretch marks on my armpits/chest are shifting too and my legs are coming along nicely and my upper back is filling out so I'm still growing and not gaining it just as fat.

I deffinately find that the last few reps I would struggle with become easier. And I can battle through the point of stalling, albeit very slowly, but none the less push through it :)

I get my samples from the guy I buy most of my supplements from. Are there none on the Phd website? or competitors websites? I found a site doing it for £29.99.

I think the recommended period off pump supplements is a bit longer than 2 weeks probaly more like 4.

dun

dun

Soldato
Decided I'm going to jump back on creatine mono with a few days loading phase see how I react this time. Just have 5g going to have 3 pre workout another 3 post and maybe another 5 tonight, Ill see how it goes.

dun

dun

Soldato
Will do. At the moment I'm going to go with 4x split of morning, pre workout, post workout, evening, so I'll carry that over when I drop to maintenance then. 1-1.25g is going to be a bit hard to measure though that's the only problem really.

Soldato
I think similar to you it has become slightley less effective. However I am still getting good pumps.

The fact I was over training and doing a lot of dropsets might have had something to do with the amount of pump I was getting. You get a good pump from dropsets anyway let alone with a pump supplement!:eek:

I still get a good pump. Energy levels are still high come the end of a workout. I could up the dosage if I liked. I think it's started to taste a little different too. The fact I'm getting extra amino's and proteins to my muscles when I need them is reason enough for me to continue taking it until this tub's done.

I've made a 3-4lb gain in weight but that was more so over the last 2 weeks due to upping my calorie intake and a change in a few exercises. My stretch marks on my armpits/chest are shifting too and my legs are coming along nicely and my upper back is filling out so I'm still growing and not gaining it just as fat.

I deffinately find that the last few reps I would struggle with become easier. And I can battle through the point of stalling, albeit very slowly, but none the less push through it :)

I get my samples from the guy I buy most of my supplements from. Are there none on the Phd website? or competitors websites? I found a site doing it for £29.99.

I think the recommended period off pump supplements is a bit longer than 2 weeks probaly more like 4.

Cheers bud, yeah I think Im going to wait until after my holiday next month and get a tub (or try and find a sample now) for V-Max. NO-Xplode is good, but at 20 servings for £35? OUCH!

Good to see you're making gains! :thumbsup:

Soldato
Cheers bud, yeah I think Im going to wait until after my holiday next month and get a tub (or try and find a sample now) for V-Max. NO-Xplode is good, but at 20 servings for £35? OUCH!

Good to see you're making gains! :thumbsup:

40 servings ;)

You only get 20 servings with the BSN?!

Back
Top Bottom