Supplements the debate/discussion thread

Man of Honour
Take it only on weights days, never on your days off or cardio days. Purely because your body adapts to it quite quickly if you take it every day.

I finish the tub, 1 week off, then new tub :) Rinse repeat

Soldato
Take it only on weights days, never on your days off or cardio days. Purely because your body adapts to it quite quickly if you take it every day.

I finish the tub, 1 week off, then new tub :) Rinse repeat

Kool.

I was going to say cardio dosed up on that probaly isn't clever and would do more harm than good. Noted not to take it on off days. Did you try a few versions first? or just found that BSN N.O. Xplode worked and stuck with it. Did you notice much difference between that and Superpump 250?

Soldato
My energy goes through the roof for a start, those last few reps are that tiny bit less of a struggle and workouts are just generally a lot more intense. I take it 40 minutes before a workout, and by the time I get in the gym I really feel it

Started using this 2 weeks ago, however I have to use 2 scoops to feel it really. But really do agree with the comments above!

Soldato
Did you try a few versions first? or just found that BSN N.O. Xplode worked and stuck with it. Did you notice much difference between that and Superpump 250?

For me its my first product like this, read a lot on forums and reviews in stores etc, seems to be THE recommended NO/Pump/Energy product, however only thing I question is the price, but, I am willing to pay for it if it carries on how it is! (I got 1kg for £35, is there anywhere cheaper?). Will def try others. Have heard good things about White Flood or something like that.

Last edited:
Soldato
For me its my first product like this, read a lot on forums and reviews in stores etc, seems to be THE recommended NO/Pump/Energy product, however only thing I question is the price, but, I am willing to pay for it if it carries on how it is! (I got 1kg for £35, is there anywhere cheaper?). Will def try others. Have heard good things about White Flood or something like that.

The Phd V-max can be had for around £26 online, though I can probaly get it a bit cheaper from 'my bloke'. BSN N.O Xplode seems to be going for around the same price. Usually in about 800gram denominations so you get 40 days worth if you have a 20 gram serving.

Soldato
BSN N.O Xplode seems to be going for around the same price. Usually in about 800gram denominations so you get 40 days worth if you have a 20 gram serving.

was sure the tub I have says 1 scoop is 30g, and a serving is 1-3 scoops. will have another look! However, for me at 2 scoops a pop, works out to be about 17 workout days worth, so 5 weeks odd, not too bad I guess.

Soldato
was sure the tub I have says 1 scoop is 30g, and a serving is 1-3 scoops. will have another look! However, for me at 2 scoops a pop, works out to be about 17 workout days worth, so 5 weeks odd, not too bad I guess.

I noticed that. Perhaps the Phd stuff is stronger as its a single 20gram scoop. ****ing mental flavour, woke me up itself, like drinking liquid sherbert!

Soldato
I noticed that. Perhaps the Phd stuff is stronger as its a single 20gram scoop. ****ing mental flavour, woke me up itself, like drinking liquid sherbert!

Lol yeah I noticed that on the no-xplode, think its trying to mask some seriously nasty flavours!

By the way the Phd stuff does look really good, having protein in it pre workout definitely comes up tops for me, especially since with no-xplode you cant eat anything an hour before you take it.

PAz

PAz

Soldato
Benny, I took superpump for a while.

Superpump is pretty insane, you will get serious pumps in the gym and it gives you quite a kick. I've never been a stim person (I can have a few cups of coffee and not notice any difference etc) but this certainly buzzed me up for the first week or so until I was used to it. By the end I was taking about 3 or 4 scoops :p

It was good, but I would certainly not bother paying full price for these kinds of products.

EDIT: BSD Reloaded is worth a look as well. Again though wore off for me after about a week.

Soldato
Lol yeah I noticed that on the no-xplode, think its trying to mask some seriously nasty flavours!

By the way the Phd stuff does look really good, having protein in it pre workout definitely comes up tops for me, especially since with no-xplode you cant eat anything an hour before you take it.

Yeah, the chap I buy from said to have my pre workout shake 1 hour before training, then half an hour before have the V-max Pump. I also had a can of tuna in 2 slices of wholemeal and a tomato about 30 minutes before my pre work out shake.

I've read eating after taking pump supplements neutralises them.

Benny, I took superpump for a while.

Superpump is pretty insane, you will get serious pumps in the gym and it gives you quite a kick. I've never been a stim person (I can have a few cups of coffee and not notice any difference etc) but this certainly buzzed me up for the first week or so until I was used to it. By the end I was taking about 3 or 4 scoops :p

It was good, but I would certainly not bother paying full price for these kinds of products.

EDIT: BSD Reloaded is worth a look as well. Again though wore off for me after about a week.

Cheers for that. I get my whey from him for about 65% of the RRP, think he had V-max Pump up for low £20's.

Kappa- Don't know if you read above but steedie mentioned/is of the opinion that pump products should be just that and doesn't see why it has protein in it. I've emailed him and hopefully will be going down to ask that and various other Q's, anything you'd like to know?

Soldato
I buy my fish oils from BSD - Bulk Supplements Direct as they have the tripple strength for no extra cost.

Most users here buy their whey from either BSD or MyProtein.

Soldato
Steedie:

E-mailed my chap and he's responded with this in answer to the question of why it contains protein...

In the early pump products it was advised not to take protein near the same time as the pump product, this was because the glutamine peptides found in protein interferred with the absorption of the arginine in the pump product, this could be why people are now asking "why have they put protein in it?" . However the protein in the V-Max is not simply a form like whey it is actually the anabolic aminos like leucine that are in it. They do not interfere with the absorption of the other ingredients, and they kick off the anabolic action in the muscle it makes sense to add it into the product. To many people think these products are there to `pump` you up and dont actually realise the whole point of the pump in the body is to deliver nutrients to an area of trauma, so why not add the items that will benefit the damaged area to the pump product and use that product as a delivery agent!.

Last edited:
Associate
I don't want to discuss anything that would not be acceptable on here so please tell me if we can't talk about supplements to aid natural test levels.

I was just wondering what you guys thought about products like ZMA, there are a couple of reasons I'm interested in it.

a) I think I could be one of those that would benefit from such a product because my testosterone levels don't seem to be overly high, ie I'm never really aggressive, 19 and still don't have a full beard, I never really had acne apart from a few spots on my shoulders and back.

b) I also struggle to get to sleep at night and then when I do its never really good quality sleep, which makes this product attractive as many people report good quality sleep while on it.

I am cautious however, I have looked at reveiws and other forum discussions on it and some people have reported stomach upsets which is apparently due to the amount of magnesium in the product, really vivid freaky dreams and acne break outs.

What do you guys think of it? Does anyone have any experience with this or similar products?

Cheers

Soldato

Fairly sure theres a few, at least one, users on here. Said he gets an awesome nights sleep. It might be in this thread or the gymrats.

I looked at this for a while I'd of brought some from BSD if they had it in, but am glad I didn't. I've realised I'm hairy as ****, suffer a bit from backne and am making good progress without it so my test levels are probaly okay for now.

Garlic aparently is good for raising test levels and lowering cortisol.

Soldato
Ahh that's probably why I'm such a monster! <3 garlic! :D

:p

It's something that's deffinatley missing from my diet.

Other than buying it in supplement/pill form how else could one get it into their diet. I'd rather not have to eat garlic cloves. Could I drink them in a pre/post workout shake, chopped obviously, not whole! :p

Back
Top Bottom