Supplements the debate/discussion thread

hux

hux

Soldato
Hello! What are your thoughts on PA(7) supplements (https://hpnsupplements.com/product/pa7-mtor-elevation)? I heard that it help unlock the body’s natural ability to promote lean muscle gains, also PA(7)’s key ingredients hold promise in maintaining muscle retention with age as well. I want to try some which I got from me. What are your thoughts on it?

Phosphatidic Acid, ime pretty good stuff. It's a bit like creatine but without any bloat.
Generally I found myself recovering faster and with a better sense of well being, but it's subtle least for me at first.
Just buy organic non gmo soy lecithin, optiva seems to be fairly common, you'll want around 3-4 tablespoons ed, also takes at least a few days to notice it least for me.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Hello! What are your thoughts on PA(7) supplements (https://hpnsupplements.com/product/pa7-mtor-elevation)? I heard that it help unlock the body’s natural ability to promote lean muscle gains, also PA(7)’s key ingredients hold promise in maintaining muscle retention with age as well. I want to try some which I got from me. What are your thoughts on it?

Phosphatidic Acid, ime pretty good stuff. It's a bit like creatine but without any bloat.
Generally I found myself recovering faster and with a better sense of well being, but it's subtle least for me at first.
Just buy organic non gmo soy lecithin, optiva seems to be fairly common, you'll want around 3-4 tablespoons ed, also takes at least a few days to notice it lkeast for me.

Sort of, but not really.

PA acts as a signaller in muscle cells to augment cell build/rebuild: it exists in muscles anyway and its increased synthesis is stimulated through mechanical activity (stretching or working out).

Adding PA to one's routine basically means the body will be able to grow and maintain in a more consistent manner than otherwise.

This is completely different to creatine which works in two (possibly three) very different ways (binding carbs and water into muscle, reducing exercise-induced muscle breakdown through hormone tweaking, and testosterone increases).

Why does the latter matter? Because dosing both PA and creatine will improve your gains together more than they would in isolation.

HOWEVER...

Be prepared for limited practical difference in your gains because of:

1) placebo effect (everybody thinks their supplementation is bringing them moar gains than not);
2) you can't be your own control, so working out the difference using PA vs. not is impossible;
3) is your diet and routine optimal? Because chances are your aren't lifting enough, anyway, and will gain faster by just working out more effectively (also see point #1).

Does that mean it is rubbish? Nope... It probably works. But it does mean you probably won't notice too much.

hux

hux

Soldato
Yeah I know, pa works on mtor it was late and felt like keeping it simple.

I just didn't want the op to be conned into buying some wonder supplement.

Man of Honour
Yeah I know, pa works on mtor it was late and felt like keeping it simple.

I just didn't want the op to be conned into buying some wonder supplement.

Oh, of course!

To be fair PA looks more interesting than most supplements out there because of its mode of operation... but just as with creatine , very few people train sufficiently well enough to really notice any difference.

Man of Honour
been seeing a lot of talk about acetyl-L-carnitine recently, is it bs like most supplements(imo), or is there some research that actually suggest this has any benefit for anything.

Soldato
Depends what you want from it, ALCAR in particular is more for cognitive benefits compared to other versions of Carnitine. Actually got some myself recently and going to add it soon to my morning stack of theanine and coffee which I found pretty good.

Man of Honour
i dont realy wnat it for anything, just been seeing a lot about it, and was interested whether there was any research backing it up for any benefits at all.

Soldato
That reminds me I still have a 500g of BCAAs I got from an Amazon misprice doing nothing, may give them a go. Just take them an hour before training, yeah?

Soldato
Anyone else supplemented Zinc and had the craziest vivid dreams?

Picked up my normal daily soluble Vit C tablets in tesco last week, didn't notice they were the ones with added Zinc.

The last 7 days i've had the most deep dreams that seem to go on all night. I rarely remember my dreams but these are the kind you want to go back to sleep and carry on with.

Soldato
Zinc does give me crazy dreams, it also makes it difficult to wake up in the morning. Double edged sword :p

Yeah, really struggling to get out of bed lately, normally alarm goes off, reset it for 15 minutes later, I then get up. The last week has seen me very begrudgingly rise from the bed.

I get some mental dreams on ZMA :)

I did a bit of reading on Examine.com and I may have misread but it said something about taking Zinc and Magnesium at the same time can stop one or the other absorbing properly due to uptake capacity in the intestine.

EDIT: Never mind...it relates to super loading.

https://examine.com/supplements/zinc/

Associate
Anyone answer me this...

I recently bought some ON Serious Mass to try as It was on special offer so I thought I would see if it did anything. However now after trying it twice, i get the same effect 3-4 hours after consuming it. I suddenly get the shakes/low blood sugar feeling and start sweating and getting dizziness etc. I then have to consume something sugary to help relieve this.

I dont often get the shakes and have never had them as bad as this, so I was wondering if it was caused by Reactive Hypoglycemia "Low blood glucose due to an over-reactive attempt of the body to control increasing blood sugar levels (due to a refined carbohydrate/high glycemic diet)" Too many Carbs for my body to process in one go? (250g per serving)

My diet is usually low in carbs and high in protein with a healthy balance of fats from your typical (eggs,fish,nuts,olives,dairy). I dont have Diabetes as far as I know, it never showed up on a blood test done about 4 years ago.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not really a supplement per se but I got a bunch of Moringa tea off MP, both unflavoured and a couple of the flavoured versions as a decaf evening drink option as I was getting bored of green/mint/redbush tea. Just tried an orginal/unflavoured one, it's kinda of an earthy taste with no bitterness which doesn't sound super appealing but I really liked it. Good stuff maneeeee.

Back
Top Bottom