System build guide

Associate
Thanks for the guide. Extremely useful guide to refer to when you are soon to make your first ever build.

I've done months of extensive research on PC components, how they work, what they are compatible with etc etc Watched a lot of videos about how to build your system. Having something here is so useful though.

One question, I'm planning on using a Thermalright Venomous X in my build and I've seen in different builds, a fan attached to the side of it. Is that fan recommended? I won't be OC'ing the system at all and keeping clocks factory settings, so I'm not sure if it's really needed.

Cheers

Associate
OP
Thanks for the guide. Extremely useful guide to refer to when you are soon to make your first ever build.

I've done months of extensive research on PC components, how they work, what they are compatible with etc etc Watched a lot of videos about how to build your system. Having something here is so useful though.

One question, I'm planning on using a Thermalright Venomous X in my build and I've seen in different builds, a fan attached to the side of it. Is that fan recommended? I won't be OC'ing the system at all and keeping clocks factory settings, so I'm not sure if it's really needed.

Cheers

Personally I would attach a low rpm fan to it, just to keep things cool. Although, it would probably be okay without, depending on the air circulation in the case and cpu used in the build.

Easiest thing to do is just try it with and without a fan whilst monitoring the temps.

Last edited:
Associate
Personally I would attach a low rpm fan to it, just to keep things cool. Although, it would probably be okay without, depending on the air circulation in the case and cpu used in the build.

Easiest thing to do is just try it with and without a fan whilst monitoring the temps.

I'll be using the Fractal Design Define R2 case with just an intake at the front and exhaust at the back, nothing fancy. The processor is an i5 @ 3.33GHz as well which won't be overclocked at all.

To be honest I thought it would be ok without, but as it'll be my first build I'm just looking for a little reassurance to make sure I'm not going to make any really stupid mistakes :)

Thanks for your input mon

Associate
Hi all need your precious advice i live in glasgow and have been looking at overclockers gaming desktops for months now.I'm willing to spend up to £2000 on overclockers intel i7 vanquish or dreadnought.I want to play all my crysis singleplayer maps on highest settings along with the original game of course.What's your recommendations is it best to get the 2gb ati 5970 for gpu would this suite the hans g hz28 27.5 " 1900x1200 monitor. i want the best possibe performance.If i went crazy i'd spend spend £2500 but please tell me this isn't necessary.I've never owned a desktop before only a crappy dell vostro 1700 laptop with 8600m gt.What's the chances it'll arrived damaged as delivering from newcastle to glasgow is quite a few hours.I can follow instructions how to click the card into place from youtube instruction and install windows beyond that fingers crossed.:)

Permabanned
I actually really enjoy reading your blog. Glad you’re sticking around! And I must say, I absolutely love the title of your blog .

Associate
newbie here

Hey Guys
I am new here.
I am very much interested in web designing and I think I am gonna build my career on web designing. What do you guys think? I am gonna share my experience with you guys;)
iphone apps

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I've updated the build guide and will update it with an AMD section once I get it done. Could a mod please delete around 10 posts on the first page that I no longer require. I have listed them as "No longer required".

Associate
Thank you very much. I plan to follow this guide tomorrow when my components arrive. The only issue is that I have ordered an AMD CPU so I'm not sure how compatible the guide is going to be in my case. Wish me luck lol. :o

Associate
this is a truely excellent guide... will be printing this out when i get to my work.

i just take it that there will be plenty of cables and screws if you buy a motherboard ?

i have got a 2tb internal 64mb buffer wd hard drive still wrapped up,

i would proabaly be buying components here and there. got a hot swap dual hard drive caddy handy as well.

Back
Top Bottom