System build guide

Soldato
An excellent guide indeed! :)

What would be really good though would be the ability to print off each 'page' as something like a PDF file in A4 format, so that I would end up with a number of nicely formatted 'hard copies', which I could then staple, or bind together into a sort of booklet.

I did start trying to do it myself but the pages seemed to be 'long and thin' so it didn't really look right. Also as each 'page' is in effect an image file, I couldn't really use MS Word or anything like that, and I certainly don't have the knowledge or experience to use Photoshop.

I would like to emphasise here that I only want to do this for my own personal use, and that I fully respect any copyright implications.

Edit: Just tried copying the Stage 2 image into Word, and resizing it, but although I would probably then be able to fit two onto one sheet, side by side, they are two small to read properly! :(

Last edited:
Associate
OP
An excellent guide indeed! :)

What would be really good though would be the ability to print off each 'page' as something like a PDF file in A4 format, so that I would end up with a number of nicely formatted 'hard copies', which I could then staple, or bind together into a sort of booklet.

I did start trying to do it myself but the pages seemed to be 'long and thin' so it didn't really look right. Also as each 'page' is in effect an image file, I couldn't really use MS Word or anything like that, and I certainly don't have the knowledge or experience to use Photoshop.

I would like to emphasise here that I only want to do this for my own personal use, and that I fully respect any copyright implications.

Edit: Just tried copying the Stage 2 image into Word, and resizing it, but although I would probably then be able to fit two onto one sheet, side by side, they are two small to read properly! :(

I am working on a printable version now :)

Associate
hi to everybody i need some help please i just set up my new system i done everythink right i have power all the fans are spining including gpu no beeps at all and i can get any video signal on my monitor .gigabyte 890fx-ud5 amd x6 1075 corsair value 2 gb 1.5 volts xfx ati 5830 psu cooler master 850 w silent pro . i try every pci slots clear cmos removet memory ram and i get 12 beeps ad i think the ram its fine ,,, can be the gpu faulty please any help!!!! thanks a lot

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

What about adding a final "complete" build photo, so the first time builders can see what it all looks like fully assembled?

You don't get that in the thread. Good guide otherwise! :)

Soldato
What about adding a final "complete" build photo, so the first time builders can see what it all looks like fully assembled?

You don't get that in the thread. Good guide otherwise! :)

A good idea... just to sort of 'round it all off', as it were!

I see also that the first few posts in this thread have all been edited in the last couple of days, which I am hoping is a sign that the printable version is on the way!

Actually, if it's not my imagination, haven't all the 'boxes' been taken away now, which should make it easier for anyone who wants to create their own personal printable version anyway... or was that the idea all along?

Thanks again to 'greywolf' for all the time and effort he has obviously put into this particular project! :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
To answer EVH, I will be doing a final build photo, just waiting for my photography background stand to arrive.

Montala, there will be a printable version soon :)

May also do a build video step by step, will have to see.

Soldato
I have only just found the link to the downloadable and printable version in the first post!

Thanks again 'greywolf' for all your hard work in putting this excellent guide together.

Having read some of the posts in the 'hardware' area recently, it is a shame that a few more members don't read it before they start to build their first PC! :)

Associate
Thanks for the guide,i,m itching to buy an OC bundle,and have only ever replaced/added components,gpu/psu/hdd/dvdrw/memory/replaced gpu fans,removed ribbon cables to replace with sata,stuff like that,thanks again,invaluable.

Associate
Big thanks to greywolf for this excellent guide. I've just completed my first build and it wouldn't have been possible without the help of this guide. Highly recommended to anyone attempting a build for the first time.

Associate
Hey thank you for taking the time with this walkthrough.

I was going to have a mate build my system but after reading this I discovered the confidence to have a go myself......easy, thanks.
Rick

Back
Top Bottom