T-REX

Man of Honour
I must admit the Enthoo has a bit of plastic around it and the trim can be a pain in the bum. I have thought about getting something more orientated to watercooling, such as a custom aluminium case in the future.

Man of Honour
OP
I must admit the Enthoo has a bit of plastic around it and the trim can be a pain in the bum. I have thought about getting something more orientated to watercooling, such as a custom aluminium case in the future.

I have not seen much of the Enthoo but what I have seen and heard make it sound like a very good case.

Man of Honour
OP
Disaster

I had just finished having a go in BF4 with no overclocking and I was back on the desktop and one of the Corsair 1200i PSUs blew up. With the crackle and pop it made I thought I had a water leak or something but no everything is dry. Unfortunately it seems to have taken out the CPU, GPUs and RAM but I will know better when I get chance to strip the PC down and test.

Does anyone know where I stand with Corsair if their PSU has killed all these parts ?

As the old saying goes you win some you lose some lol.

:D:D:D:(:D:D:D

Soldato
Probably not, all I expect I can get is a new PSU out of Corsair but they won't be interested in any other damage caused.:)

How can you be so calm, You just lost a few grand :eek:

This is why I generally don't do over the top builds, I could but I'm all too aware of dangers just like this 1 :(

Hope it all comes right for you though.

Next time go with a Superflower PSU, Best I've ever used and there's a reason the worlds top overclockers use them, Stability and reliability :)

Man of Honour
OP
How can you be so calm, You just lost a few grand :eek:

This is why I generally don't do over the top builds, I could but I'm all too aware of dangers just like this 1 :(

Hope it all comes right for you though.

Next time go with a Superflower PSU, Best I've ever used and there's a reason the worlds top overclockers use them, Stability and reliability :)

Update

It looks like it is just the one PSU that has blown as I have just managed to get it running on the other PSU in there.

I have shut it down again until I can get another PSU as it is too much for a single unit.

It is only a machine and there are far more important things to worry about so even if it was a total write off it is not the end of the world.:)

Soldato
Update

It looks like it is just the one PSU that has blown as I have just managed to get it running on the other PSU in there.

I have shut it down again until I can get another PSU as it is too much for a single unit.

It is only a machine and there are far more important things to worry about so even if it was a total write off it is not the end of the world.:)

Well good to see it's just the PSU then but if it was the whole machine I think personally I would have had a meltdown :p

Soldato
Update

Damn, I wish I could live/see life like you :o
Nice build btw :)

Soldato
Update

I'm glad most of the rest seem to be ok
I do agree while expensive our toys are just things and not worth getting stressed over :)

Back
Top Bottom