Tabletop Warhammer?

elmarko, very good and sensible suggestions, I may look at that a bit later. I've spent so much time on this model (I'm a massively slow painter) that I'm it itching to do something else. Think ill have a play with the sentinel and revisit the Valk inbetween :)
Ay, I'm the same - after spending ages on one thing I tend to move onto others.

It's very very well painted so far & as good as done - just will look that bit more punchy with a few extra little bits!.

I had a play in paint for 2mins to see what they would look like roughly, obviously not all of them - but a couple of thick black stripes located around the hull (with some taping in, or arrow cut out shapes would look cool) - along with thin warning black/yellow stripes on some dangerous edges).

Also on the main engines loadsa dark black ink wash on the front, then black drybrush the edges to make it look burned from the engine at the back (did it on one a while back & it worked well).

stuff_by_darkelmarko-d6ixr3m.jpg

Looking forward to seeing the sentinel as the last dread you did was awesome.

Apparently the seller was a young lad who mistook buy it now for reserve. His parents have said he is distraught but it's their fault for not checking. They've said to the buyer that if he feels it's worth more he could send some more money. Apparently it's in the post (which cost £16 not £3). My mate is having a bit of a moral dilemma with it.

Apparently the seller was a young lad who mistook buy it now for reserve. His parents have said he is distraught but it's their fault for not checking. They've said to the buyer that if he feels it's worth more he could send some more money. Apparently it's in the post (which cost £16 not £3). My mate is having a bit of a moral dilemma with it.

Even a reserve of £30 is pretty low. :confused:

I think the trouble is that it's all too easy to use the young child excuse when it comes to selling (and more frequently, buying) on eBay, so I'd be wary. It really comes down to how genuine they seem, how good their feedback score is and how much sympathy he has for them. There's certainly a part of me that would want to just take it as a great deal, but I'd probably have queried the low price at the time, myself (I'd still have bought it to secure it in the event that the seller genuinely only wanted that much for it, mind).

imo he has nothing to feel guilty about, sounds like someone sold some stuff thinking it was junk, found out it was worth a lot more after and are now using the kid excuse to try and get more for it. Either that or it is somehow stolen and they didn't know its value.

Also if the kid did make the listing, he must have had some idea how much the stuff costs and know £30 reserve is still low for what look to be unpainted mini's.

The listing and resulting situation stinks of something but I am not sure what. pay the £30+p&p and be done with it, would not give a penny more.

I thought £30 was too low for a reserve as well, that lot must be worth £400-£500? My other thought was that if a young kiddy could afford all that then I doubt the parents aren't short of a few quid?

Picked up what I thought was 2 5 man scout sprues from eBay for about a tender each. Received a jiffybag today containing 2 sprues. So assumed I had bought from the same seller and not realised but on closer inspection I didn't and infect although the listing for one of them says 5 the picture shows 2 sprues which is what ive got and another one on the way. So an even better deal it would seem now. Not quite on the scale of the imperial guard deal above mind...

Those Sisters and the Imp Guard were a steal. Not caught any major deals just a few bits and bobs.
5 Empire wizards on the sprue for a tenner. 40k Chaos Lord and Sorcerer (metal) for less than a tenner. Thraka for a tenner. Pedro Kantor for 6 quid, although I didn't realise the seller had filed the fists off the figure, so I'll have to re-sculpt or just paint him up as something else. Also just grabbed the Gamesday Blood Angel Captain for 15

Back
Top Bottom