Tabletop Warhammer?

Just worded out my first Tau list since the new codex, I'm going to have to double check but you seem to get more for your points than I remember...(5 suits inc commander, 30 FW's with upgrades and a hammerhead with upgrades for around 1k).

So built a fex to test out a new paint scheme for my Tyranid army, normally I use purple for my armies Lizardmen, CSM so I thought would try something different.

I need to paint the hooves in yet as just noticed I missed them, I like the scheme as its nice and subdued compared to other nid schemes, but not sure if nids should be subdued so I am after some suggestions, advice on what I can do to improve or what not.

Ignore the napkin keeping the fex upright lol

Cheers

Kimbie

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

Just worded out my first Tau list since the new codex, I'm going to have to double check but you seem to get more for your points than I remember...(5 suits inc commander, 30 FW's with upgrades and a hammerhead with upgrades for around 1k).

You get quite a lot for your points with most of the 6th edition codices really, Tau and Eldar especially (jetbikes are just the biggest steal in the game)

Im considering weathering my models. Seems that secret weapon powders are the ones to go for? Although im kinda nervous about adding that and battle damage as it seems like such an easy thing to wrong and ruin a model. I think I have half an old rhino lying around that will get used as a test. Any advice on trying this?

I would say definately weather your models as IMO it really adds to the model. As already suggested, find some models you are not to bothered about messing up on and practice. If you haven't got any, maybe look for some going cheap on Ebay or somewhere similar. Dakka Dakka has some great weathering guides so take a look at those and maybe follow one.

No worries

Body - Vallejo Model Air Medium Sea Grey
Carapace - Vallejo Model Air Signal Blue
Dry brush - Vallejo Model Air Light Sea Blue
Pipes, Tounge, Flesh - GW Hawk Turquoise
Teeth - GW Screaming Skull
Washed with GW Shade Drakenhof Nightshade

Kimbie

See I like it as it is, but that's because I'm a huge Aliens fan, and this seems very reminiscent.

However look back a page or so, someone posted some Nids with nice looking yellow markings.

Nikumba, I quite like your nids, especially as a starting point (I'd probably throw in a contrasting colour), and a big thanks for posting the colours used...I may end up stealing and modifying it at some point as I've got a whole nid army (about 2k points) to paint, and an airbrush setup to hopefully help...

My basic, first draft list for the Tau is roughly.

Commander 85p
cyclic ion 15
air burst frag 15
missile pod 15
drone cont 8p
= 138p
Bodyguard 32p
Burst cannon 10p
missile pod 15p
Plasma 15p
= 72p
Total HQ 210

Troops
10x FW 90p
Shas'ui 10p
EMP grenades 20p
1x Gun drone 12p
1x Markerlight12p
= 144p

Troops 2
10x FW 90p
Shas'ui 10p
+TL +ML 15
EMP grenades 20p
1x Gun drone 12p
1x Markerlight12p
= 159p

Troops
10x FW 90p
EMP grenades 20p
= 110p

Troops Total 413p

Elites
3x Crisis suits 66p
shas'vre upgrade 10p

ShasVre
Burst 10p
Missile 15p
Drone 8p
2x Gun drone 24p

Shas'Ui 1
Burst 10p
Plasma 15p
Missile 15p

Shas'Ui 2
Burst 10p
Plasma 15p
Missile 15p

Total 214

Heavy
Hammerhead 125
Sub rounds 5
SMS -
Auto repair 5
Blacksun 1
Decoy 3
Flechette 10
Disruption 15
Total 164

Total 1001 (may lose the decoy)

- It has the advantage it should all fit in a single KR case, and I've got most of it ready to play with with (need to finish off some details etc on the hammerhead if I want to use my AB camo one).

Back
Top Bottom