Tabletop Warhammer?

Not sure I'd bother with 3 guns on the Commander/bodyguard (they can only fire two) and what's the drone controller for? He has no drones! Also far too many upgrades on the hammerhead :p

started on making a scenery for a game board, going for a ruined city, first building almost done, and my girlfriend is working on a temple which will be the centre piece. Also going to be grabbing a honoured imperium set for the statue and aquilla to create a sort of garden/shrine thing infront of the temple.

First building WIP shots, link to album

Looking good

Not sure I'd bother with 3 guns on the Commander/bodyguard (they can only fire two) and what's the drone controller for? He has no drones! Also far too many upgrades on the hammerhead :p

Cheers, I'd forgotten I'd intended to put drones with the commander (I may move them from one of the FW teams).

The 3 guns are hopefully to give me some flexibility (able to fire two of the three depending on situation), although I may drop one.
I used to end up with suit teams finding that they could be well fitted for Marines or Orc's but not really both (when playing with friends over the weekend i'd often be facing mainly normal Marines, mainly Terminators, Orcs, and Sisters of battle)

I'll be going through it again in the next day or so, so will probably drop some of the weapons, and upgrades for things and see if I can fit in something like a drone team (I'm trying to keep the number of models down for ease of transport).

I was surprised how little the hammer head costs now, it used to be about 175 basic for a railgun one :)

One bit of advice, use a decent scalpel style craft knife from the start! started out using some cheap retractable blades which where appalling and made some very iffy lines.

Very true.

If you get something like a Swan Morton handle, you can pick up scalpel blades in various styles (scalpel as in, they do them both sterile for medical, and non sterile for modelling/art etc), pretty cheap - I think it works out about £7 for 100 number 10a's.

I've ended up with a couple of retractable handles (used with 10a's and the like), and a couple of normal handles for curved blades.

Im trying to get back into warhammer. Got lots of paints so I might start collecting again. It's been a few years but I might revive my spacemarine army. Trouble is I'm not too good at painting.

Im trying to get back into warhammer. Got lots of paints so I might start collecting again. It's been a few years but I might revive my spacemarine army. Trouble is I'm not too good at painting.

Best way to learn is by doing, and watching some video's on youtube will help you understand the techniques better. Good time to revive an old Space Marine army as they are getting new stuff in September.

Best way to learn is by doing, and watching some video's on youtube will help you understand the techniques better. Good time to revive an old Space Marine army as they are getting new stuff in September.

Oh cheers for the heads up. Yer iv just been youtubing and there is some great stuff.

Quite new to this but had a stab at a tyranid the other day.

http://postimg.org/image/g01b6acn7/

Sorry I dont know how to make the picture show up like you guys do :(. Saw an ice themed tyranid army before and rather liked it so. Currently in the process of doing some warriors and a tervigon so will keep you posted if you like the look of this one :P.

Last edited:
Quite new to this but had a stab at a tyranid the other day.

http://postimg.org/image/g01b6acn7/

Sorry I dont know how to make the picture show up like you guys do :(. Saw an ice themed tyranid army before and rather liked it so. Currently in the process of doing some warriors and a tervigon so will keep you posted if you like the look of this one :P.

Looking good, to get your image to show up wrap the URL around
tags

Hi' everybody

I am looking for someone to play a game of 40K with on the Vassal engine. I am a long time 40K player but new to Vassal. I am very excited about the possibility to play other gamers from all over the world. Hope some of you are up for a game :)

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom