Tabletop Warhammer?

Forge World stuff arrived yesterday. Got shoulder pads for my vets+termies (that I dont yet own but was planning to get soon although thats gone on hold) and some brass etch. Think im going to play around with some of the brass etch tonight. Gonna blu tac it onto my Storm Raven and Predators and see what I can come up with.

Forge World stuff arrived yesterday. Got shoulder pads for my vets+termies (that I dont yet own but was planning to get soon although thats gone on hold) and some brass etch. Think im going to play around with some of the brass etch tonight. Gonna blu tac it onto my Storm Raven and Predators and see what I can come up with.

I assume you do know, but if not make sure you wash all your FW stuff in hot soapy water first before building it to get rid of all the mold release

Kimbie

I tend to use hot water and the cheapest toothpaste I can find, which is a tip from the FW guys, as the toothpaste is slightly abrasive so does it a bit better.

Do not think you need to wash brass etch I never have

NEC was great for the locality of the Hilton Metropole hotel and secure decent car parks. Can't say the same for the NIA in central Birmingham...

Not to mention the ease of access via the train station.

I'm glad that this year I'm getting a lift with some friends, as it's too far for me to drive, and (no offence intended to any GW staff or people that go by the coaches), I really don't want to go by coach with a load of kids :p

Don't see why people are hating on the NIA instead of NEC. The NEC was a great location yeah but the NIA has plenty of hotels within a 2 minute walking distance and plenty of secure parking as well, It's just in the centre of Birmingham instead of Just off the M6

Don't see why people are hating on the NIA instead of NEC. The NEC was a great location yeah but the NIA has plenty of hotels within a 2 minute walking distance and plenty of secure parking as well, It's just in the centre of Birmingham instead of Just off the M6

Hence the problem for security of vehicles ;)

Well we had a pretty successful Dark Heresy session last night, we started a bit rusty but generally got into the swing of things and by the end we were rollplaying like bosses. Highlight has to be one of the characters attempting to punch a guy lying on the ground, missing and breaking his hand on the metal floor :D

I parked my car there every day for 5 years (often leaving it overnight if I went out for a drink after work) as did many of my friends and never once had any issues ;)

Oi, don't rain on my Birmingham-bashing parade!

I've parked a few types of vehicles at the Metropole and had no issues, but can't say i'm ever overjoyed at parking in Birmingham at any time!

Well we had a pretty successful Dark Heresy session last night, we started a bit rusty but generally got into the swing of things and by the end we were rollplaying like bosses. Highlight has to be one of the characters attempting to punch a guy lying on the ground, missing and breaking his hand on the metal floor :D

Indeed it was great fun to GM too :) Another highlight would be the acolyte who took a swing at some gangers missed and almost decapitated a nearby friendly. But as we got further in you guys became much more comfortable and started formulating some great plans :D

After never intending to have my acolytes engage in hand shenanigans, having the first fight start like that and me ending up punching the floor has taught me an important lesson :D

Back
Top Bottom