Tabletop Warhammer?

What type do you use – there are so many of them I have only ever used GW brushes but they are splitting really quickly and I think its starting to affect my painting 

I used the ones LordHughes has posted :) 401 sable, as for exactly which ones I cannot remember and would need to dig the invoice out or find the box they are stored in at the moment.

I forgot how good they were :)

sorry, yes I did. Just the stuff that comes in the GW starter paint set, then just some flock in random tufts/lines to break up the browns a bit.

I've never really had a go at basing. When I used to paint many moons ago all I did was the standard paint the bases green, dip in flock. Doesn't look half as good as using sand and other bits. A trip down to B&Q beckons to get a bag of sand a tub of pva glue

I'm trying really hard to not buy GTA so that I can get on with some painting tonight. I fear my willpower is crumbling :(

I've never really had a go at basing. When I used to paint many moons ago all I did was the standard paint the bases green, dip in flock. Doesn't look half as good as using sand and other bits. A trip down to B&Q beckons to get a bag of sand a tub of pva glue

Same, I never used to base then I started reading warhammer subreddits and realised how much better models look with simple bases.

Cool cheers.

I know I can do it how I like, but was wondering from a fluff perspective if it matters which shoulder the pads go on in the new sternguard box. I know usually squad markings are on the right and chapter on the left, but in this box the pads are all very ornate. Has anyone built their sternguard up yet?

Cool cheers.

I know I can do it how I like, but was wondering from a fluff perspective if it matters which shoulder the pads go on in the new sternguard box. I know usually squad markings are on the right and chapter on the left, but in this box the pads are all very ornate. Has anyone built their sternguard up yet?

Ive started tacing mine together and my original plan was just to do whatever. However ive since ordered some forgeworld shoulderpads for them and will be putting them on the left and the ones from the box on the right.

Cool cheers.

For Codex Astartes chapters it will be chapter marking left shoulderpad then a skull on the right (to indicate veteran) These ornate ones can replace either really. Crux Terminatus pads usually look better on the left to match with terminators. Could always use two ornate pads then put the chapter icon on a knee pad/loincloth etc

Back
Top Bottom