Tabletop Warhammer?

Strong work in progress atm, but here goes.

F9EYL5T.jpg

Obviously need a bigger drill piece! And fix lots of paint overrun on the silver armour. Then wash them, highlight them, base them and pow, sorted.

I am looking at trying a different war game out other than 40k, I love the building and painting side of things aswell.

I tend to do this with my brother so anything that is suggested I will look into it as we both need to give it ago!

What genre are you looking at? Sci fi? historic?

I've played a bit of ww2 and american civil war in the past and can recommend good sets of rules for both.

Also have a rule book for ancients done by games workshop but never got round to trying it out

Oi, don't rain on my Birmingham-bashing parade!

I've parked a few types of vehicles at the Metropole and had no issues, but can't say i'm ever overjoyed at parking in Birmingham at any time!

When you bash my home town of course I will defend it :P

Strong work in progress atm, but here goes.

Sexy Grey Knights

Obviously need a bigger drill piece! And fix lots of paint overrun on the silver armour. Then wash them, highlight them, base them and pow, sorted.

Looks good :)

What kind of drill are you guys using? A little hobby one or a mains powered beast with a tiny bit? And - do you clamp the model?

"pin drill" of some description and some itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bits.
I've ended up with about 3 different pin drills (a plain metal one, one with a large wooden knob for a handle, and an Archimedes one), and a little battery powered drill thing as for different materials and sizes of bits different ones work best.

A general pin drill (you can get them from about £3-5 up) will do most thing for modelling, but can be quite tiring/hard on the fingers and hand if you're doing a lot of holes or into metal models (I got the Archimedes and battery ones after getting some blisters from pinning a bunch of metal models).

Also look at buying the bits from somewhere like screwfix rather than model stores, IIRC last time I needed some I paid about one or two pounds per pack of ten from a DIY store.

Does anyone use any pens on their models? Wouldn't mind getting some writing on the scrolls but obviously can't get anything remotely good looking from paint. What do you guys use, if at all?

Back
Top Bottom