Tabletop Warhammer?

Associate
Yeah Kill team Cassius at £32 after discount looks a decent price. I was expected rrp to be nearer £50 of that one.

Quite looking forward to having a couple of kill teams to add to my usual Space Marine army

Soldato
Can we just take a minute to say RIP to my wallet, visiting Warhammer World on Saturday for the first time! :p:D

Jokes aside, I really can't wait. From the pictures I've seen some of the displays look absolutely amazing, and it will be great to see the whole range of different miniatures in one place. Properly excited.

Soldato
All those Forge World goodies

The exhibition is well worth a look :)

I have my shopping list of FW goodies ready to go, just got to decided on a couple of bits, as I've got a set budget and won't go over it!

Yeh that's what I'm really looking forward to, I've seen some pictures of the Chaos vs ultras display and it looks incredible, can't wait to see it in person.

Soldato
Go to the shop first. If they haven't got the items in stock they can order them from the factory

Ah cool thanks for that, good to know. I'm going for what I would call pretty standard/common stuff (Relic Contemptor, Leviathon Dread, Sicaran and some other bits) so hopefully will have them on the shelf.

Commissario
Anything plastic they'll tend to have, but if you want anything from FW in the way of resin, if you get your order in early they can/will usually cast it during the day for pick up before you leave.

Either way from memory if they don't have it in I think they ship it free for you.

A few years back a few friends and I went to Warhammer World and ended up with four of us in a car packed with boxes of FW bits, to the point where us passengers all had boxes of stuff on our laps and barely room to move (it was masses of scenery).

Soldato
Ring them up today, tell them you are coming on Saturday here is your list. Some things they can not do on the day and might take a week to be made up, I have had that before.

In the GW store they will not have anything that is a web exclusive order, you will need to order that in before hand, do the same as FW.

Soldato
Anything plastic they'll tend to have, but if you want anything from FW in the way of resin, if you get your order in early they can/will usually cast it during the day for pick up before you leave.

Either way from memory if they don't have it in I think they ship it free for you.

A few years back a few friends and I went to Warhammer World and ended up with four of us in a car packed with boxes of FW bits, to the point where us passengers all had boxes of stuff on our laps and barely room to move (it was masses of scenery).

Sounds like you had quite a fun trip with lots of resin goodies, must have been quite the sight with all the boxes of stuff and you guys in the car! Thanks for the info, I'm only going for FW goodies as I usually get all my plastic stuff from Element Games for the most part, or on the occasion I pop into my local GW whereas I've never bought FW before apart from Vulkan from a Warhammer day a couple of years ago, so been saving up for this trip :)

Ring them up today, tell them you are coming on Saturday here is your list. Some things they can not do on the day and might take a week to be made up, I have had that before.

In the GW store they will not have anything that is a web exclusive order, you will need to order that in before hand, do the same as FW.

That's a good idea actually thank you, don't really want to miss out on not being able to pick stuff up so will give them a call I think.

Soldato
A whole bunch more Deathwatch stuff just went up for pre-order. This could get expensive! Definitely after the Corvus Blackstar.

The more they release, the more I like the idea of collecting a small Deathwatch army to go alongside my Space Marines. I really like the Corvus, saw one painted at WHW this weekend just gone, it's very nice.

Soldato
So made my first pilgrimage to WHW on Saturday, what an absolutely awesome place.

The exhibition hall is amazing. Words can't really do it justice. Being able to see the amount and quality of painted miniatures is absolutely amazing and the displays that they have created for different armies are truly brilliant. The Chaos vs Ultramarines is utterly incredible, other favourites were the Nurgle Fantasy display (the scenary is brilliant), the Tyranid/Space Wolves board is a classic but good and I also really liked the Tau/Ad Mech display. I have to say I was slightly disappointed at the lack of Ork representation, could definitely do more there.

Went and had a look and watched some of the matches going on in the gaming hall, there was a huge apocalypse game on one of the tables with some very nicely painted armies on it, there was another table that had 3 Warlord Titans amongst other things facing off which was quite impressive too. Was quite cool to see so many people playing the game.

One thing that I kept finding was the sense of scale that you don't really get until you see models in the flesh. As in I knew the Warlord was big but had no real idea of the size of it until seeing it in person. There were quite a few times I found where actually seeing models in the flesh gave me a real sense of there size, scale and levels of detail.

Finally picked up a Leviathan Dread with Grav Flux and Storm Cannon, a Contemptor with twin Kheres, a Sicaran, a Deimos pattern Infernus predator and finally a Spartan. Overall quite a successful trip :p will definitely be going back in the future.

Soldato
I was actually planning on going there today but the kids weren't interested, I may go this weekend if I can persuade them. Probably best if I just went on my own as I imagine they'll be bored fairly quickly :p

Soldato
I was actually planning on going there today but the kids weren't interested, I may go this weekend if I can persuade them. Probably best if I just went on my own as I imagine they'll be bored fairly quickly :p

There is a campaign event on this weekend so I would give them a call just to check if you do decided to go as sometimes when they have events on you can only get in on the ticketed entry. From what I can tell from the website you should be ok to visit as normal but maybe worth a check just in case :)

Soldato
There is a campaign event on this weekend so I would give them a call just to check if you do decided to go as sometimes when they have events on you can only get in on the ticketed entry. From what I can tell from the website you should be ok to visit as normal but maybe worth a check just in case :)

Ah cheers, might just pick a day this week then.

Soldato
Anyone know of any decent clear decal inkjet paper?

I bought some off ebay a while back but it's proving a bit too thick and so the decals are quite visible around the edges (despite using MicroSol and set).

Back
Top Bottom