Tabletop Warhammer?

Associate
Recently just splashed a little cash on some new brushes from Rosemary and Co. After ruining my winsor newton ones (before I discovered that you shouldn't have paint in the ferrel) and not being able to afford to replace them, I opted for some Series 33. We have a 2/0, a 1 and a 2. Going back, I would have just got the size 2 and the 2/0. The 1 isn't going to get used much.

Cost me £12 for all three, pretty decent price for sable hair.

It's so much easier painting with brushes that dont have split ends!

Can I ask where you had them from? looking for some new brushes.

Permabanned
Got them from the actual Rosemary and Co online store, HERE. Postage is decently priced and they stock all their brushes. Highly, highly recommend the Series 33, but even their synthetic ones are decent.

Finished some terrain for an up and coming DnD game as well as 2 out of the 5 wolves I need to paint up. Not very good at all, pictures make them look worse! Still, its nice to have painted miniatures for DnD! Very happy with the terrain though, thats really going to help visualise battlefields easier with DnD.

d0e8d0652c694758a5cc9eb367a90911.png

b40c507813dd43b38f589fbac5be3fed.png

Last edited:
Associate
Just pre-ordered the new Deathwatch starter box for £75. Will sell the rulebook and probably most of the Eldar, which will make the space marines very cheap

Commissario
I'm sorely tempted by the deathwatch starter, but I've already got box upon box of GW models including two lots of machines from the Deathstorm, Shield of Baal sets, 2x Renegades, Deathwatch, and half the models (at least) from pretty much every main game box for the last 10 years. Not to mention the additional models for armies I've actually started painting (Tau, Nids, Skaven).

I've also just ordered the new Infinity set, a bunch of models from Hassle Free miniatures for a necromunda type gang, and some Malifaux.

Soldato
Any recommendations for a decent lamp for painting? Currently painting with an LED torch held in my mouth to see certain details and it's less than ideal :p I guess any desk lamp would do really? Was just curious if anyyone had any thoughts.

Caporegime
Any recommendations for a decent lamp for painting? Currently painting with an LED torch held in my mouth to see certain details and it's less than ideal :p I guess any desk lamp would do really? Was just curious if anyyone had any thoughts.

Depends how much you want to spend really. The ideal one is the Tritube lamp but it's a good £100+. I'm just using a normal desk lamp with a daylight bulb, a couple would be better though.

Commissario
This is the lamp I use, we got one from Amazon in the black friday offers year before last for £75, having already got two from another company (I have one on my desk, my brother wanted one, and we bought a third for use in the garage spray area).
We bought them after looking at one of the CFL tube versions and talking to one of the Heavy Metal guys at Warhammer Fest who was using one and he said how much better the LED version was (IIRC at the time it sounded like GW were replacing the CFL versions with LED ones as they died).

If you've got a fluorescent fitting in the room you can get daylight tubes, or even compact fluorescent bulbs.
I managed to get a couple of daylight 4 foot tubes for the garage spray area from B&Q a few years back (and I think 60 watt equivalent CFL's from Homebase), but I haven't seen the tubes in any of the local B&Q stores for a while.
When our 6 foot tubes die I may replace them with daylight versions if I can get them locally (Phillips do them, but they're a pain to find).

Soldato
If you are looking for a slightly cheaper alternative, I'm using this one below:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B016BEEH3O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It gives good output, massive difference over the crappy light I was using before, definitely able to see and pick out detail better without having to strain my eyes. It has 3 settings for intensity so you can adjust the brightness up, with the top setting being very bright indeed (one of the reviews has pictures to give you a rough idea).

However if you have the cash the two recommendations above are better for sure.

Back
Top Bottom