Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
I quite like it but it took me a times of looking at it to like it, it kind of makes sense that it's Rouboute they bring back. The helmeted version looks better IMO however it is strange seing a Primarch with a helmet after all the Forgeworld ones are helmet-less.

Cypher is an awesome looking model and the GK guy isn't too bad either, this will be the first Triumvirate box I pick up I think.

I'm pleased they are advancing the story line after all this time, they've got a real opportunity to do something fantastic here so let's just hope they don't completely balls it up. From all the rumors flying around there are some interesting theories with most of the pointing straight into WH40K 8th edition.

Caporegime
I hate the model personally, really tacky. His head looks so small. Love the Cypher model though, so good to see a classic brought back. Shame I'll have to buy it off a bits site though because their current **** your customer strategy is these packs of three models so you can't buy things individually.

Permabanned
Has anyone played Kill Team rules? Wanting to buy some 40k but can't justify it if its just to paint em. I won't ever go to a store and play and none of my friends play either... So wanted to maybe paint up 3-4 200pts or so kill teams and then they can sit on my "board game" shelf to play as a 2 player game.

Soldato
Has anyone played Kill Team rules? Wanting to buy some 40k but can't justify it if its just to paint em. I won't ever go to a store and play and none of my friends play either... So wanted to maybe paint up 3-4 200pts or so kill teams and then they can sit on my "board game" shelf to play as a 2 player game.

I've got it, came with full rule set and the Kill Team rules (the boxed set). Intend to play with a mate, but I've not touched my models other than to count up what I'd got!

Caporegime
gradyhawks;30474220 said:
Advancing the story is great, at least for someone interested in the lore and has read everything already. The model is 50/50 for him, he certainly looks big :D

Think it is great that finally the story is moving forward, hopefully gearing up for a good 8th edition (and not an Age of ****mar situation).

Spuj;30474903 said:
I quite like it but it took me a times of looking at it to like it, it kind of makes sense that it's Rouboute they bring back. The helmeted version looks better IMO however it is strange seing a Primarch with a helmet after all the Forgeworld ones are helmet-less.

Cypher is an awesome looking model and the GK guy isn't too bad either, this will be the first Triumvirate box I pick up I think.

I'm pleased they are advancing the story line after all this time, they've got a real opportunity to do something fantastic here so let's just hope they don't completely balls it up. From all the rumors flying around there are some interesting theories with most of the pointing straight into WH40K 8th edition.

Agree in regards that this is a huge opportunity to absolutely make this edition (8th) absolutely immense, with some excellent story elements.

I think bringing Rouboute back is great (honestly, not too biased as a player of the Ultramarines ;) ).

Shamikebab;30475344 said:
I hate the model personally, really tacky. His head looks so small. Love the Cypher model though, so good to see a classic brought back. Shame I'll have to buy it off a bits site though because their current **** your customer strategy is these packs of three models so you can't buy things individually.

I actually think all three models look excellent, as do the six released already. I totally agree about it being rubbish that you cannot buy them individually.

They could make a killing by releasing three ways; Trio / Trio with new book, Individual (little special edition booklet explaining rules/formations), with an army / force for £££.

Soldato
They've done it with a lot of other things, Betryal at Calth being broken into seperate releases, being able to buy the Assassins from the boxset seperately, Grukk Face Rippa boxed in with some nobz instead of limited edition etc etc. So I would have thought they would look to release them seperately out of the Triumvirate boxes once the hype has died down and they aren't selling as many.

Soldato
Tummy;30480493 said:
Think it is great that finally the story is moving forward, hopefully gearing up for a good 8th edition (and not an Age of ****mar situation).

AoS is pretty good system now, with the release of the GHB and points system its better than 8th

And there is nothing stoppping you playing 8th Ed

Kimbie

Caporegime
Nikumba;30483134 said:
AoS is pretty good system now, with the release of the GHB and points system its better than 8th

And there is nothing stoppping you playing 8th Ed

Kimbie

I mean the inevitable release of 8th edition of Warhammer 40'000 (or whatever it will be called) as opposed to Warhammer.

AoS had a terrible, terrible release.

Soldato
Tummy;30483328 said:
I mean the inevitable release of 8th edition of Warhammer 40'000 (or whatever it will be called) as opposed to Warhammer.

AoS had a terrible, terrible release.

Yeh the release was very poor but I believe it was partly due to a push from the GW higher ups in wanting to get it out of the door as quick as possible. The Generals Hand Book was in production at the time of the AOS release, I think if they had waited and released them together the AOS would have been significantly more successful.

Soldato
Shamikebab;30467195 said:
So the primarchs are back and End Times are upon us. Shame they went with Girlymann first though :(

Is there any fluff story around this end times stuff?

Whilst I don't collect the models I still enjoy it when they choose to move the story on.

Soldato
No1newts;30491530 said:
Is there any fluff story around this end times stuff?

Whilst I don't collect the models I still enjoy it when they choose to move the story on.

I was thinking this too. There appears to be a couple of new books on the GW website but not sure how much is fluff and how much is rules for new units.

Soldato
One thing I bet they don't cover but which would be interesting is how the Primarchs who were so opposed to the notion of a "God" Emperor would take to the current Imperium. I know it's just a ploy to sell models but if they were bothered about the story it would be fascinating watching Gulliman who is so far beyond anything, how he would change/fix things (which he undoubtedly would)

Caporegime
Yeah thats what I'm most interested in, I don't know if there are any novels yet but I'm sure there will be. I wanted them to bring back the Lion first because I thought his status as a pretty reclusive, damaged leader would be interesting with the whole Imperium trying to elevate him to effective Emperor.

Soldato
I kind of see Gulliman as more interesting in that regard as Lion would flex/be damaged because of all the **** he went through and would probably let a lot slide.

Gulliman could be more interesting as if they stay close to character Gulliman would set about pretty damn efficiently and would/could actually even push the Imperium into civil war as he would take no **** from the lords of Terra or anyone. He would probably have the Crusades up and running again and his complete intent on order and meritocracy would turn it upside down.

I don't expect anything to that extent but I really pray that they do.

Back
Top Bottom