Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
Dis86;30493886 said:
I thoroughly expect him to die during the next dark crusade. Some sort of heroic sacrifice to save cadia or.something. maybe no arms will finally bite it too.

Could be a little tricky saving Cadia considering its new location inside the warp :p

Soldato
gradyhawks;30497722 said:
I hope whats going to happen is an Imperium Civil war, with RG being tremendously mad at what he see's at Terra and decides to take action.

I would love that, could actually be a fascinating introduction of a new playable faction having a new "imperium" of the 500 worlds under a meritocratic Gulliman and pulling the old Ultramarine factions in. Then on the flip side an even more (if possible) debased old Imperium going even deeper into corruption and worshipping of a dying empire whilst Gulliman shows them how it's done.

That actually sounds amazing :p

Soldato
Hah - nice Ork, Socaddict :)

Quick question to you 40K guys. I'm putting together an army of old Orks which are noticeably smaller than today's. Is this going to be a problem?

Soldato
Hah - nice Ork, Socaddict :)

Quick question to you 40K guys. I'm putting together an army of old Orks which are noticeably smaller than today's. Is this going to be a problem?

I would say only if your opponents are TFG! Most people will have no problem with it, and will probably welcome the nostalgia of playing against old models :)

Soldato
Cheers m8. If they ever get painted - it will take a few years! - it'd be a shame not to see them in action a few times. I might get the scale of some of the bigger, current units and do some fancy basing on mine to get them to match a bit closer. One thing - the old Battlewagon is about the size of the current Ork Trukks. Everything got big!

Soldato
Cheers m8. If they ever get painted - it will take a few years! - it'd be a shame not to see them in action a few times. I might get the scale of some of the bigger, current units and do some fancy basing on mine to get them to match a bit closer. One thing - the old Battlewagon is about the size of the current Ork Trukks. Everything got big!
Oh right I didn't realise there was that much of a difference, have you got any pictures of the older stuff?

That's a good idea about the bases if you wanted to raise them a little bit. In normal games etc it will be absolutely fine I would have thought, it's only really in tournements that people get funny.

Soldato
Sorry, Spuj. Just saw that. Standard troops wise there's not a huge difference, but a Nob in power armour, for example, is barely any bigger and tiny compared to the behemoth Meks we have these days!

P1010691.jpg

Not my paint job btw.

I don't have the old battlewagon yet - they go for about £100 or more and i'm not ready to part with the cash yet - but they're similar in size to a current trukk.

Soldato
So I last played 40k {or any tabletop game for that matter) 20 years ago.

A couple of days ago I got drunk. Today I received about 20 paints, brushes, glue, a Skitarii starter box and an Imperial Knight :p

Soldato
The new rules are panning out to be looking great fun, I might even play this edition!
Yeh have to agree, everything I've seen so far is looking really good. Also I've been really impressed with GW and the turn around they've had with all things social media, interaction with the player base etc etc. Hopefully its a positive sign of things to come.

Didn't get drunk but £180 later I'm painting again.

What did you go for?

Back
Top Bottom