Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
Just use battlescribe. All the points have been updated on that. Very good app

Oblits stats have been improved somewhat too. Whether it's worth the points increase time will tell. I was planning on fielding them today. Maybe another time. When I'm playing a bigger game

Ok thanks, I did try battle scribe a while back but didn't get on with it, I will give it another go.

I might rethink my army a little, just the structure, instead of having 2 CSM detachments just combine them, may end up losing a CP, but might make things easier. Unless I can make it into a brigade, but I can't remember the requirements off the top of my head.

The only reason I split it in the first place is the bonuses, I figured the advance and charge would be handy for the berzerkers/raptors whilst the black legion bonuses are nice for the cultists.

Commissario
We went down to the Warhammer Fest yesterday, the big thing I've taken away is that the new contrast paints are going to be excellent for speed painting to a good level for anything horde like or fur and fabric.

They'll be great for other uses (some of the models painted with just those and maybe a single highlight or a metal) were awesome, apparently they painted a wraithnight (to a very good standard) in about 90 minutes, and great unclean ones in a few hours.

Things like nids and skaven I can see being done in one coat for each of the main colours (say fur and cloth, then metal or a contrast/wash over metal), so minutes per model, and younger brother is getting very excited at using them for cloaks.

I actually came away with a set of Fuerans transfers for my Titans because for the first time ever I can look at yellow as a primary model colour and not run and hide gibbering under the sheets:p

An example

Last edited:
Caporegime
Quite interested to try this contrast paint myself! Curious what it is about the specific undercoat that makes it so special though.

Can even see it saving time on vehicles if it means not having to panel line or edge highlight.

Commissario
I'll try and find some links later, but basically it's an entirely new set of paints and undercoats that act like an "exotic" material, from my understanding unlike normal paints where it's the flow of the liquid that determines how heavy the coat it, with these it's the pigment in the medium (you need to use their own medium as apparently water stops the effect) that flows within the medium, and the pigment itself is different.

So you get a smooth coat, but the pigment settles in the lower areas more than the higher ones.

It also apparently won't come out of clothes in the wash or something due to the pigments, so a little more caution in use;)

I took a bunch of pictures so I'll pull them off the camera and upload them tonight, or tomorrow but the link in my previous post shows a couple of forces that were apparently done in aout 15 hours.

Commissario
A few very bad pictures of some of teh models they had on display to show off the paints, the Wraithnight apparently took something like 90 minutes, including drying time, and IIRC they said the GUC about 3 hours, the armies in a week I think the guy said took about 15 hours and looked far better in person than the pictures..

First up a video someone took whilst playing with the paints at the demo tables (they had 50-100 seats, full all day and some idiot stole some and put them on ebay....)

contrast1.jpg

contrast2.jpg

contrast3.jpg

contrast4.jpg

contrast5.jpg

contrast6.jpg

contrast7.jpg

contrast8.jpg

contrast9.jpg

contrast10.jpg

contrast11.jpg

contrast12.jpg

contrast13.jpg

Soldato
Had a read up on a few links I found, sounds fascinating, be picking some up on release to have a play about with. Be annoyed after the all effort to get better you can now do it with one coat of that stuff and some technical paints :p

Soldato
Had a read up on a few links I found, sounds fascinating, be picking some up on release to have a play about with. Be annoyed after the all effort to get better you can now do it with one coat of that stuff and some technical paints :p
I don't think it will ever look better than a decent undercoat, base, layer, shade, etc... but for speed painting it looks like it will be great.

I might use it for my Death Guard.

Soldato
I don't think it will ever look better than a decent undercoat, base, layer, shade, etc... but for speed painting it looks like it will be great.

I might use it for my Death Guard.

You've seen my standard :D

Honestly though I think you are right for characters etc but it will be ideal for smashing out units to a good standard at a good speed.

Associate
As a new painter I'm holding out tottry contrast after several failed attempts at a decent yellow and shade/highlights. From my perspective it looks like a miracle product.

Soldato
Yea they are ok, personally I think it makes everything look a bit pasteley, or watercolory (yes I made up those words) I don't think the colours quite have the saturation of regular paints.

Commissario
Aye I forgot to say that, all the staff at Warhammerfest were saying June, none of them could/would say when in June other than sometime between the first and last day.

I'm considering using the yellows to do Furean's for my Titans.

Soldato
I was tidying and re-organising all my stuff yesterday and started digging through my bits box. As a way of avoiding real work I suddenly had some inspiration and using bits from my box built the model below and painted it all in one evening (had to finish the base this morning)

Really happy with the results, if I do say so myself, and helped get me out the funk and ready to plough on painting again now.

Few shots below, particularly happy with the face and that I managed to get lips without screwing the model :p

4oJ5Vlm.jpg

suA0TUV.jpg

mYoYnNe.jpg

W2HOR2F.jpg

uHvR1y1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom