Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
They must have some policy to get people to buy asap, before they change their mind or something. I had one guy talk to me about how the guys Goblin Gaming are great. I dont buy anything from them unless I just need one or two pots of paint. Although I still have to order the Briar Queen from them because no one else seems to sell it.

Soldato
I might be quite lucky as my local one is really friendly. always been really friendly and helpful, happy to give tips and have a chat about army ideas and (maybe I'm different) I find it so nice the old OTT greeting and hard sell/up sell BS you used to have to put up with whenever you went in a store is a great change.

I almost used to dread visits when I was younger and have some overbearing **** trying to convince me to buy everything in sight, the more chilled atmosphere is much preferable (IMO)

Soldato
I can't totally write off my local (and only Warhammer stockist) There are at least two guys, one who has been there forever, that just chat and let you browse. Its nice when they are about and usually they have more people in the shop when they are on shift. I do feel a bit alone with my past time hobby, so its nice when I can pop in and have a giggle with someone else. I know of a local place that sets up gaming every week or so, so I might go down there and try and lurk for a bit.

Soldato
I can't totally write off my local (and only Warhammer stockist) There are at least two guys, one who has been there forever, that just chat and let you browse. Its nice when they are about and usually they have more people in the shop when they are on shift. I do feel a bit alone with my past time hobby, so its nice when I can pop in and have a giggle with someone else. I know of a local place that sets up gaming every week or so, so I might go down there and try and lurk for a bit.

Yeah apart from someone on here who shares the hobby who I talk to none of my friendship group are into it so a friendly face in GW isn't too bad at times. Probably why I post my pictures on here so often as I have no other way to talk about it :p

I've always just looked the little dweeb right in the eye and said " just taking a look" and they tend to leave me alone

Do you then go round his house and poop in his letterbox?

Soldato
I was just trying to find the local gaming group and I cant find it anymore. Its either gone or I just cant find it. I'll probably nip down the GW on a Thursday night when they do their late night gaming night and start probing for information. I don't think they play a lot of AoS at the Warhammer shop.

Soldato
Yeah apart from someone on here who shares the hobby who I talk to none of my friendship group are into it so a friendly face in GW isn't too bad at times. Probably why I post my pictures on here so often as I have no other way to talk about it :p

Do you then go round his house and poop in his letterbox?
ummmm nope....

Caporegime
Well...knight chassis is done base coated and had it's first bit of weathering. Very happy with how the bright shiny metallics have been dulled down and almost developed a patina. Hopefully get it clearcoated tomorrow and then start the detailing.
Experimented a bit with colours foe the armour. Think I'm going to go dark grey with off-white.

Soldato
So I decided to paint Kill Teams because I couldn't get into painting whole armies.

Ended up with two sets of Tempest of Souls, so decided to build two 1200ish point armies.
PE3r0he.jpg.png

Converted two of the Stalkers into Reapers to get a full squad. As well as vairuos Stormcast to make up complete squads.
CDOv5BO.jpg.png
uYdG4dg.jpg.png

Then I decided how I loved Age of Sigmar models because they are so big, making them easier to paint.

So I get a mob of Gretchin to add to my Kill Team. Strip them and paint them... Had a lot of fun with them.
0UnkuTr.jpg.png

There is no logic to my madness.

And then I realise I have an Ironjawz starter set and Brutes to get my teeth stuck into as well. This can be expected when its birthday time and I decide to spend all mybirthday money on myself rather than food shopping and bills...

Last edited:
Soldato
GW have just announced another load of price increases it seems. Bit galling considering last month they were paying out bonuses to all staff due to record profits...

Got a link? I couldn't find anything. I still have not put in my order for the Briar Queen and only GW sell it.

Back
Top Bottom