Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
I’ve got the Indomitus LT to go until I’ve (finally) finished that box set, a squad of Intercessors and 3 more Aggressors I got from the magazine, and I would have finished all the Space Marines I own:

A
ssault Intercessors were the last to be done. Painted 10 in one go, I normally despise batch painting but I didn’t fancy painting them piecemeal!

Associate
Those BAs look great! Very subtle but detailed.

I've not touched a brush in probably 2yrs now, but got myself a painting desk at my new place. Going to a tourny with some mates, just for the fun though. Looked at bulking out my swarm, i had forgot how much some Hormagaunts cost, browser tab closed... :(

Soldato
I've the kill team boxes and an imperial magazine sub at the moment, so will ed up with about 8 different kill team variants, looking forward to equipping and painting them.
I doubt we need a separate kill team thread, but is anyone else playing it?

Associate
I haven't tried the new kill team, but used to play it. Nice, quick and simple! Wish i had some casual players near me, and my nearest club/shop shut down. The Bristol one i moved further away from sadly, as is a good venue.

Caporegime
So went into the store in Manchester the other day and they showed us how to paint the little free model in store qnd I got the command edition and the starter paint kit.

upload image

First model done in the store

And the first one is painted at home, not finished yet I want to try and do some high lights.

upload image

Associate
Good effort! I think i still have my introductory model somewhere still. If you're just looking to paint, there's an eff ton of paint, tools, and models available from various companies that are gorgeous.

Associate
:cry:

They should just replace it without issue tbf. I've never seen that either. Pretty sure it's molded as one piece.

You could use another pot's head that you aren't using right now. I have a few spare for mixes, so worth keeping ahold of.

Caporegime
Well I need to pop in and get a different primer anyway but I bought the kit in Manchester.

I'll take the pot to chester and ask them with the recipt hopefuly they'll just swap it over.

The lead belcher primer seems to go on super glossy the first layer of paint just beads up off it. (But it was the only grey primer they had in stock and we wanted to get enough to start off in one go

Soldato
turn the pot upside down when you shake them, i find they mix better that way

for primers make sure they're at room temp, and shake the post hearing the bead move about for ages before you spray, never used the gw lead belcher, always painted that on

as for the primer, i find halfords 'plastic primer' in grey is good for a grey undercoat, goes on very well, and very cheap
but for whites and gold i use the GW versions

Soldato
I wouldn't call the leadbelcher spray a primer - it's useful for colouring an all metallic army (say Necrons maybe) but I wouldn't use that as an all purpose primer.

I've used halfords bodyshop primer black (not really meant for plastic i dont think) and plastic primer white but more recently picked up GW Corax White, Grey Seer and Chaos Black sprays because I was in store and have no willpower - they go on a bit smoother than the Halfords stuff did (the black is the biggest difference) but it's not an earth shattering difference and id happily go back to the halfords stuff.

Soldato
I never get a good finish with spry cans and the cost soon racks up.

I have around £40-50 of GW primer hardly touched.

Have a look at the cheap cordless airbrushes I posted above. Would be well worth it just for priming, varnishes and getting down the base colour.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I never get a good finish with spry cans and the cost soon racks up.

I have around 40-50 of GW primer hardly touched.

Have a look at the cheap cordless airbrushes I posted above. Would be well worth it just for priming, varnishes and getting down the base colour.
Yes I'm tempted but I want to see if this is something that I'm going to stick at.

So I'll make the decision when the can runs out

Back
Top Bottom