Tabletop Warhammer?

Meh almost got a squad of Infiltrators finished but just noticed I have painted the metal parts forgetting I wanted to matte varnish first. Also broke the squad leaders head!!!

Love those beakies :D

Almost finished building my Astra Militarum army. I’ve funded this entire army from buying the Christmas box set, and selling the duplicate that GW accidentally sent me :p

2 Rogal Dorn battle tanks
3 sentinels
1 Ordnance Battery
1 Heavy Weapons Squad
1 Cadian Command Squad
40 Cadian Shock Troops

Just need two or three more officers to round it off and we’re good to go

Finally got round to putting the shoulder pads on. I'm not sure if I prefer this or decals tbh.

Still got to finish the weapons and some other bits. Really hate those models.
Very low motivation with these marines but I knew this would happen. Thing is, I lost motivation with DG due to too many details etc.
Need something in the middle :)

Last edited:
ugh!!!!

I need one bottle of paint but I refuse to buy just one bottle of paint because of shipping cost so now I'm looking at random stuff I don't need to get free shipping but I really want that 1 bottle of paint......

eBay to the recuse. There's a shop on there called "The Model Workshop / Hobby Workshop" He has quite a few of the paint ranges and I even used him before just forgot all about eBay.

Only wanted cold green flour (New Game colour) from Vallejo. 2.66 a bottle and 1.79 postage. Ended up adding the whole entire fluorescent range to the basket and hitting buy. Postage was still only 1.79.

Speaking of paints. I accidentally got some new Metallics (Pro Acryl)and a load more contrast. Needed more metallics for my knights. Can't bring myself to start another collection and don't find anything wrong with contrast outside of my lack of skill. Also of the few places I trust for reviews, I don't see a clear winner in any one range to make it worth switching. Seems to be a case of mix and match depending on the colour or type you need.

Last edited:
Speaking of paints. I accidentally got some new Metallics (Pro Acryl)and a load more contrast. Needed more metallics for my knights. Can't bring myself to start another collection and don't find anything wrong with contrast outside of my lack of skill. Also of the few places I trust for reviews, I don't see a clear winner in any one range to make it worth switching. Seems to be a case of mix and match depending on the colour or type you need.
yeah don't get too attached to a line. mixing and matching is the way to go. Even GW is good paint. I just don't like pots and the price per ml isn't great. i have the pro Acryl metallics and I don't like the silver or rich gold, (tone) personal preference. Others are grand

yeah don't get too attached to a line. mixing and matching is the way to go. Even GW is good paint. I just don't like pots and the price per ml isn't great. i have the pro Acryl metallics and I don't like the silver or rich gold, (tone) personal preference. Others are grand

Yeah seems to be the way. I got a few Vallejo metal too. Saves using lighter silvers and then washes or diluted contrast to darken.

Yeah seems to be the way. I got a few Vallejo metal too. Saves using lighter silvers and then washes or diluted contrast to darken.
Which Vallejo? do you get the more expensive ones? I love the model air silvers. Seem to be a happy medium between the expensive ones and normal metallic. Applies superb with the brush also.

Which Vallejo? do you get the more expensive ones? I love the model air silvers. Seem to be a happy medium between the expensive ones and normal metallic. Applies superb with the brush also.

Yeah the 'Metal Colour' in the 32ml pots.
Specifically (777) 11-13: Magnesium, Steel, Jet Exhaust.
Then 20, 21, 23: Gunmetal, Burnt Iron, Exhaust Manifold.

AS you can see, not many bronze/copper options in that range.

Last edited:
yeah that's the fancy ones :D Best silvers you can get. Just be carful as they are very fluid not to flood the part you are painting.

Yeah but I was reading and I see Model Air Silvers mentioned frequently as one of the best available, maybe I should get one of those too. Also Mecha Colour Dark Steel and Mecha COlour Steel as good alterantive to Leadbelcher and IH Steel/Ironbreaker.
edit: I got a lot of metal coming up :(

Last edited:
I have the "Model Air" Metallic Designed for airbrush but work great with normal brush. the ones in the picture above is "Metal color" Airbrush paint again but better quality and more fluid but apply great with a normal brush.

I believe Mecha Colour is very similar to the "Model Air" line. Airbrush paint. It's their line for gumpa.

I have the "Model Air" Metallic Designed for airbrush but work great with normal brush. the ones in the picture above is "Metal color" Airbrush paint again but better quality and more fluid but apply great with a normal brush.

I believe Mecha Colour is very similar to the "Model Air" line. Airbrush paint. It's their line for gumpa.

I rely on things like this for recommendations, but also see if there are common patterns with people leaning towards particular paints, usually it's divisive but some things are consistently lauded.

Back
Top Bottom