Tabletop Warhammer?

Deathwing Assault x2 in hand. Happy days.
With the upgrade sprues etc, I can actually get my DA army finished, I'd had Bladeguard, characters, a pack of Termies etc waiting, as I wanted to ensure I had the upgrade sprues ready to go to incorporate. :)

Think my next purchase, unless I find anything else I need whilst painting, will be some Vallejo Diorama basing material, in either Dark Earth or European Mud, which should really stand out against all the cream/wraithbone :)

Last edited:
Is anyone aware of storage that can take AP/Val size bottles and makes use of vertical space instead of a a large footprint one.

I.e not like below:

More like this but I want them stood up like my TTC rack.

So something like this would be perfect, noting it won't have the nice bits with the colours printed on:

This is cool but not sure where you get the back bit for, item was just for the individual holders.
Edit: Apparently an Ikea Skadis. Aparently my nephew has one he never used so shes' checking if it's the 76x56 one

And before someone does a funny, no I can't afford this:

Last edited:
This is cool but not sure where you get the back bit for, item was just for the individual holders.
Edit: Apparently an Ikea Skadis. Aparently my nephew has one he never used so shes' checking if it's the 76x56 one

If you search on Printables and Thingiverse for Skadis paint rack there’s a lot, do you have access to a 3d printer?

If not there’s a lot on Etsy but the prices of them mean for a lot of paints it really adds up.

If you search for HSW or hex storage wall on printables you can get paint storage for that system too, works well but needs wall mounting. I have a section of it for my less used paints and shades and whatnot.

I’ve tried a few things and have pretty much settled on just a big shallow shelf unit that I made. I had a bunch of MDF ones at one point but they were just so flimsy, and half the time when I got a bottle out it would knock another one out and then I was basically playing a very annoying and messy game of plinko as the one bottle fell down and knocked all the others down.

@PardonTheWait That Army painter rack would look awesome along side their new fantic rack that will be coming!!

Totally not what you are asking for but I'm about to order more kraken black racking. It's stackable and modular. It about 7inc deep and 13 wide. you could in theory stack a few of the dropper bottle racks.

Last edited:
I don't have a 3D Printer, decided that was a rabbit hole I did not want to go down! So will have to decide if spending £80 on clips is worth it or look for something else. It will be for dropper bottles only, Citadel paints will be relegated out of sight.

Is anyone aware of storage that can take AP/Val size bottles and makes use of vertical space instead of a a large footprint one.

Im actually getting some stackable machined parts made for my own racks using aluminium L profile so you can fit whatever profile to the bottles you need, just order it in the length needed and job done!

@Bigpig yeah looks pretty familiar! I try to have a big tidy up in between projects but if I’m painting the same sort of stuff for a while it gets pretty bad.

My next door neighbour asked this morning if I had a compressor or anything, he wasn’t complaining but said he could hear it, and sometimes I forget to switch it off and it fills in the middle of the night.

I’ve now hung it from bungees under my desk and just text him to ask if he could hear it filling and he reckons he can’t hear it at all so that’s good.

Top budget tip if anyone wants to shut their compressor up for neighbour reasons.

I was going to get a sil-air 15a when they come back in stock but seeing as they’re £375 maybe I won’t bother now if next door can no longer hear the current one!

I’ll get some shorter bungees at some point or tie some knots in those ones. Glad it worked though, I won’t have to worry about when I use the airbrush now.

Last edited:
I don't have a 3D Printer, decided that was a rabbit hole I did not want to go down! So will have to decide if spending £80 on clips is worth it or look for something else. It will be for dropper bottles only, Citadel paints will be relegated out of sight.

3d printed stuff is so useful for things like this but I think that all goes out the window if you’re buying it, it’s not that Etsy sellers overcharge it’s just that it’s a pretty slow process so if they’re doing it for a business most of what you’re paying for is just the time. So something that you could print for buttons is suddenly £5 per bit and no longer makes sense.

You know what, I was going to make a joke about that but I took the high road, and then you did it to yourself so I regret it :(
Two of my latest Space Wolves are doing a where’s Wally in that picture. I just want to make bases I’m happy with. Before I post them.

I would be all over just sandy, rocky bases with pigment powders if I was painting other factions which I think looks mega!!

Say what you're saying is Roman. I need to buy myself the artist Opus dry brush range because I only have the small and large?
Oh and the weird flat makeup type one.

@PardonTheWait says I need a 3d printer too. You guys costing me a lot of £.

Last edited:
Save yourself a few quid and get some of these, no issues at all here with them.

Hope this helps ;)

Great value and includes the dampening pad, nice one.

I said nothing of the sort!

Pretty cool though bro maybe you should just look into it

Yeah they are but I understand they are quite noisy and kick out a lot of heat so I'm not sure where I would use it. Also, I thought these things took like an hour to make small things but I've heard of some people making things and it's taken like 16 hours more. Maybe that's on the higher res stuff.
One thing at a time anyway lol.

Back
Top Bottom