Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
As an experiment I am going to base a mini with steel, and then highlight with white aluminium before airbrushing black templar very lightly and see what the result is like.

Or do you think there is a better combo to be had, this is for Iron Hands:

Soldato
Sounds good to me @Noxia are you going to do the two silvers through the airbrush too?

A gloss varnish after the black Templar and a brown oil wash just in the recesses could work well to break up the black as well. Then satin or whatever varnish over that.

Soldato
Sounds good to me @Noxia are you going to do the two silvers through the airbrush too?

A gloss varnish after the black Templar and a brown oil wash just in the recesses could work well to break up the black as well. Then satin or whatever varnish over that.

Yeah all through that. I haven't moved into oil washes yet but they don't seem that scary from the COP videos.
I don't have satin varnish but have AK gloss and ultra matte.

All my stuff should be arriving tomorrow or Saturday including the light you recommended.

Last edited:
Soldato
Took the red a bit brighter on the base coat with this one. Got really worried as it looked really orange, but I always back off on brightness and regret it so resolved to finish it to be sure. Plus I baseboated like 7 Marines and 2 Redemptors so I didn't want to redo it. Came out good in the end very happy with it. The other two Aggressors are almost done. Got a jump captain, 3 Eradicators and the 2 dreads on the desk at the moment.

Soldato
What H&S brush did you get? The new Ultra looks mega for the money imo.

It's cult of paint infinity. My friend has one so I already knew how amazingly light it was compared to the first practise one I got which gave me carpal tunnel within 10 minutes.

I understand it is pretty much identical to a normal infinity, but I didn't want to spend more time looking online and just seeing a million opinions on which airbrushes are best etc. I figured as I've used it, albeit very briefly just stick with what you know. Also, I happen to be a big fan of that channel so it felt like a nice little way to support it.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's cult of paint infinity. My friend has one so I already knew how amazingly light it was compared to the first practise one I got which gave me carpal tunnel within 10 minutes.

I understand it is pretty much identical to a normal infinity, but I didn't want to spend more time looking online and just seeing a million opinions on which airbrushes are best etc. I figured as I've used it, albeit very briefly just stick with what you know. Also, I happen to be a big fan of that channel so it felt like a nice little way to support it.

Don't have to sell it to me mate I've got the same one and I love it so much haha. I really like the trigger being so tall and the shape of the finger pad thing is boss. I think it's basically the Infinity AL-Plus which doesn't exist any more. You're right it is nice how light it is being aluminium bodied.

It is also fly as hell to look at and yes I like to rep CoP because I think they're great.

Soldato
Don't have to sell it to me mate I've got the same one and I love it so much haha. I really like the trigger being so tall and the shape of the finger pad thing is boss. I think it's basically the Infinity AL-Plus which doesn't exist any more. You're right it is nice how light it is being aluminium bodied.

It is also fly as hell to look at and yes I like to rep CoP because I think they're great.

Yeah I hated the first one I had and that was ultimately what made me think I hated airbrushing completely. It's all very well telling people to start off with a cheap one. But if people then think that is what all the other airbrushes are like then yikes.

Do you use yours for priming too? I'm kinda thinking I'll spray can when weather suits (I have a fair few now) but obv I got the Vallejo primer to use at some point.

Soldato
Do you use yours for priming too? I'm kinda thinking I'll spray can when weather suits (I have a fair few now) but obv I got the Vallejo primer to use at some point.

I do yeah but I tend towards rattle cans a lot of the time. I’ve had a bit of trouble with airbrush priming in the past, from clogging to it rubbing off, but I’m a lot more confident with my airbrush of late so I’m gonna have a bit more of a crack if it and see if I can get it down pat. I think the issues were with me rather than the process itself.

I always rattle can vehicles though as they get handled a lot during painting.

Associate
Yeah I hated the first one I had and that was ultimately what made me think I hated airbrushing completely. It's all very well telling people to start off with a cheap one. But if people then think that is what all the other airbrushes are like then yikes.

Glad you picked up a Harder & Steenbeck fantastic airbrush, got 2 of them here cant fault them.

Did you manage to get hold of a Sparmax compressor ?

Flesheater Courts army box arriving today, I have got Ushoran pre ordered and thought he would feel lonely on his own ;)

Cheers all

Soldato
Glad you picked up a Harder & Steenbeck fantastic airbrush, got 2 of them here cant fault them.

Did you manage to get hold of a Sparmax compressor ?

Flesheater Courts army box arriving today, I have got Ushoran pre ordered and thought he would feel lonely on his own ;)

Cheers all

Yeah that is coming on Sunday along with my new lights :)

Soldato
Took the red a bit brighter on the base coat with this one. Got really worried as it looked really orange, but I always back off on brightness and regret it so resolved to finish it to be sure. Plus I baseboated like 7 Marines and 2 Redemptors so I didn't want to redo it. Came out good in the end very happy with it. The other two Aggressors are almost done. Got a jump captain, 3 Eradicators and the 2 dreads on the desk at the moment.

Awesome and love the battle damage. Kinda my end goal with the Vlka Fenryka. Going to attempt the tippy tappy edge highlight technique next batch.

Soldato
Ignore. You can swivel it. It's just that it was so stiff I wasn't sure I was supposed to be turning it.

@PardonTheWait Is there any way to make these Neatfi lamps properly horizontal? it is permanently at a 45 degree angle on the head, I can move the light on the vertical axis but if you imagine the lamp attached to the side of my desk, there is no way to turn the head around. Only way I can think to do it is to move the light much farther back so I can swivel it on the arm instead but then my speakers are in the way. Might be time to get that prefab up in the garden and make a proper hobby space tbh.

I.E, it doesnt work in the same position as my last one.

Tucked out the way now.

image upload

Last edited:
Soldato
Ignore. You can swivel it. It's just that it was so stiff I wasn't sure I was supposed to be turning it.

@PardonTheWait Is there any way to make these Neatfi lamps properly horizontal? it is permanently at a 45 degree angle on the head, I can move the light on the vertical axis but if you imagine the lamp attached to the side of my desk, there is no way to turn the head around. Only way I can think to do it is to move the light much farther back so I can swivel it on the arm instead but then my speakers are in the way. Might be time to get that prefab up in the garden and make a proper hobby space tbh.

I.E, it doesnt work in the same position as my last one

The little three pointed knob on the top lets it tilt forwards and backwards if that’s what you’re after?

Edit just saw your edit

Last edited:
Soldato
The little three pointed knob on the top lets it tilt forwards and backwards if that’s what you’re after?

Edit just saw your edit

Forgot to buy an air hose didn't I. Rather than pay £10 for one, I paid £20 to get a cheap airbrush + hose. I'll use the other airbrush for priming.

BTW are your angels loosely based on the COP tutorial? I've never been that fussed about them but I really liked the way they did the terminators.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom