Tabletop Warhammer?

Associate
Thanks, managed to get the first coat of Sikkens on it today which I am really pleased about after the amount of rain we had here in Suffolk last Thursday and Friday.

Fitted the insulated floor yesterday and also managed to felt the roof as well, the double glazed doors and window will be fitted tomorrow along with all the fascias and trim.

I will start fitting it all out after that.

Oh and one of my Airpod Pros fell out of my ear and yes you guessed it, it went straight into the pot of Sikkens, luckily it still works ;)

Cheers All
The fitting out is the really fun part.

I have the gaming PC's, sofa, TV, RC and Warhammer stuff in here. It is the perfect escape from the wife :D

I have bribed a mate to come and paint mine, I have 0 love for painting things like this so when he offered I snapped his hand off LOL!

Associate
The fitting out is the really fun part.

I have the gaming PC's, sofa, TV, RC and Warhammer stuff in here. It is the perfect escape from the wife :D

I have bribed a mate to come and paint mine, I have 0 love for painting things like this so when he offered I snapped his hand off LOL!
I will have 2 600mm wide worksurfaces along the long and short side, which will give me loads of room for me to put my X1C filament printer, an Elegoo Saturn Resin printer (including a wash and cure station) and an Xtool F1 laser engraver on the 4 metre side, then the rest of the space will be for my paints, airbrush compressor and spray booth.

Yes I know too many toys, plus plenty of room left to setup a gaming table too.

Associate
I will have 2 600mm wide worksurfaces along the long and short side, which will give me loads of room for me to put my X1C filament printer, an Elegoo Saturn Resin printer (including a wash and cure station) and an Xtool F1 laser engraver on the 4 metre side, then the rest of the space will be for my paints, airbrush compressor and spray booth.

Yes I know too many toys, plus plenty of room left to setup a gaming table too.

Can never have too many toys!!

You will have to share the pictures when its done I am sure it will look phenomenal. :D

Soldato
Annnnnd I bought more paints. That should be more completely finished buying paints.

Picked up Two thin coats - blues (2 triads), and two brasses. Pro acryl Mahogany.

Well also want to pick up New model colour pale sand, Ice yellow and Deck Tan but after that I should be completely done!!

Well I would like to replace a few of the GW bone colours also.

Soldato
Thought I'd thin my paint with airbrush thinner for brushing instead of using my wet pallet. Not sure why I didn't think it would work, kinda acted like a contrast paint.
Slapping it on with large base brush. Goes against common opinion but I prefer basing before doing trim.

Last edited:
Soldato
I need a dedicated work bench where I can just crack on instead of clearing my daughters stuff and missus of the table, then get all my gear out,then put it all back, really puts me off painting.

Soldato
I need a dedicated work bench where I can just crack on instead of clearing my daughters stuff and missus of the table, then get all my gear out,then put it all back, really puts me off painting.

Yeah makes a big difference when you don't have to factor in putting it all away again after.

Literally chaos at the moment. Feels like I'm never going to finish these things.

Last edited:
Soldato
I really need to put more time in. Spent the last day or two edge highlighting 3 space marines.
Playing around with paint additives trying to find the right combo for edge highlighting.

Was getting Déjà vu. Then I remembered for edge highlighting it’s best just to use almost straight paint from the pot!!

Associate
I really need to put more time in. Spent the last day or two edge highlighting 3 space marines.
Playing around with paint additives trying to find the right combo for edge highlighting.

Was getting Déjà vu. Then I remembered for edge highlighting it’s best just to use almost straight paint from the pot!!
Vallejo Air colours straight out of the bottle are perfect for edge highlights especially their metal colours.

Cheers All

Soldato
After I get this batch of space wolves painted going to paint something else that’s not just marines. I just can’t settle on a death gaurd scheme or basing so it won’t be them. Might paint a warband or a kill team.

Soldato
Hi guys

Just got myself an airbrush.
I am going to be painting space wolves and plague marines using the Grimdark method.

Which airbrush paint is close to rhinox hide?

Has anyone done grimdark?

Associate
Hi guys

I am going to be painting space wolves and plague marines using the Grimdark method.

I would suggest thinning rhinox hide using some flow improver and water, then see how it runs through your airbrush ;)

Cheers All

Soldato
Is there a help line to stop buying this ****!! the below covers most of the holes I have in my collection. :D

Well I still have a few more Game and model colour paints to come!

Hi guys

Ahh A man of taste!!

Rhinox hide is one of them universally loved paints and GW don't make it in the air range also.

As pointed out above. It’s worth while learning to thin your paints.

I use streaking grime but my scheme really isn’t Grimdark. More like slightly dirty furballs!

And I can’t settle on a Deathgaurd scheme.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi guys

Forgot to mention if you are going to be painting Grimdark style, Newsh acrylic weathering medium would be worth your while to use, Element Games here in the UK stock it.

Soldato
I’ve only started to put small tinny lines on my armour for scratches:D it’s rather handy for hiding mistakes when you are edge highlighting:D

Yup I meant that

Back
Top Bottom