Tabletop Warhammer?

Associate
Is that a Grey Knight special boss? Looks outstanding, amazing detail work on the books and freehand crests, etc.

It must be Grey Knights season as I also finally finished my own Grey Knights Purgation Squad today, doing the last two over a couple of weeks. Definitely not as nicely detailed as Kindai's one above, but I'm calling these done. Can see some errors I couldn't notice by eye in my large pictures, but overall happy and relived to be finished with them as I can now finally do some bigger ones from the Combat Patrol box.

AP1GczNOmNrw7dnSCI6X0BMf15NdWDixUGiqeLlL1XKom1P53FVM3S4Sv4Ty-gYA905oTw_LKUCOV6sJSNvECbTff63nU6KQdc6Zyjx_TRYalM6UwWv2iC4=w2400

AP1GczP5EdWi5YoisYlWXWGcpy2cIU7zHvjjsIY_BSB0Mi0GPNb71MnPJLHz42QyI8dDiZ55WdNb4H9_PobFlyEvG5n3jfIxxXR378GB8OZWquQ2AP8iSqg=w2400

AP1GczOqzvQawvnl48NX6SzQswBZAY-xOr2R4ZkPl-9KYR_7LdmE4mX9_T9MYQ1S6El7q3MI3HZYdZlyV1YmwM9B5-trXL3mp0XctkLJOsadGJoQ-eCGrwM=w2400

AP1GczNGnOU8C-EdET--Cl65SgomgZl-i-egGRh0onSs2L3K6XUXbTWexRqwwaTBQU2gqCjX39hOGUYxbdF113GrEebdn-i2woiha4YBvMTzQIX09QgjNi0=w2400

AP1GczMm41F6oY8gpRjaAT3x94I-jxxVPOHYnZrlpip3MZwpjc8TM8Vaurs4RXqPAmVhXiETVMdiC4mOQ0n5rnso408eE4jt8TTmb0a-poDFW-ua6txzyks=w2400

AP1GczPZJEsfZom1KYHvEW84yn8WZpcfPn1hiKnYc0DAZtdA6_8zKDMNxngPK6998P9LF6lZ3qAOBAKxlYNehEEklAzuLsEIF5WEd2NkdSGF5kwY_0i5fxA=w2400

Finally the squad all done together.

AP1GczMjdKWbZeVWL3RwUayNwTVOWV8_SXiTPqqJ9dZloF7tsAjbgc_NqQQngwaluMFFYh7f0NI5s2F4T7gOgssGp25T0TegGhgUfRnABysFs5-zm7UppOI=w2400

Soldato
Really liking the two thin coats paint range. Picked up the Rhinox hide equivalent and was dreamy to use. Worked really well on the wet pallet. Thinned well and had great opacity.

The finish was also nice. It’s sort of in the range of Satin to matte or matte to satin!

Associate
Really liking the two thin coats paint range. Picked up the Rhinox hide equivalent and was dreamy to use. Worked really well on the wet pallet. Thinned well and had great opacity.

The finish was also nice. It’s sort of in the range of Satin to matte or matte to satin!
Oddly enough I took delivery of Dragons Gold & Glistening Gold yesterday from Two Thin Coats, not had a chance to try them yet though.

Also a Redgrass everlasting wet pallet 2 as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
@roman59

I have that wet pallet and it is handy. Instead of rinsing the sheet for reuse I just use a bit of damp tissue/kitchen roll and wipe up the paint. Good to reuse next session.

Some of my paints completely melt on the wet pallet but the two think coats hold together for the colours I tried.

Associate
@roman59

I have that wet pallet and it is handy. Instead of rinsing the sheet for reuse I just use a bit of damp tissue/kitchen roll and wipe up the paint. Good to reuse next session.

Some of my paints completely melt on the wet pallet but the two think coats hold together for the colours I tried.
Thanks for the info, the reason I ordered the wet pallet 2 was the reusable sheets, also I bought the extra pack of 15 sheets and the pot holder plus mixing pallet that clip on the sides too.

Soldato
Does anyone have any idea how much commissions cost for say one of the big players like Siege or Cult of Paint? The idea is niggling away at me due to my lack of enjoyment from painting and the time I'd save, but I don't want to waste their time by contacting only to find out the price makes it not viable or whatever. Part of me think it's the old "if you have to ask, you can't afford it" :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd say you're probably looking at a couple of grand for a small army painted to a reasonable standard by a known name like that, probably with a queue too, so waiting a while.

Soldato
I'd say you're probably looking at a couple of grand for a small army painted to a reasonable standard by a known name like that, probably with a queue too, so waiting a while.

Yeah I suspect so too. Guess I'll just plug away very very slowly lol.

Actually made decent progress on one of my warp talons. I can't/won't blend though so up close it just looks like random patches of lighter coloured paint but is fine for tabletop.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom