Tabletop Warhammer?

Last edited:
Anyone have any recommendation of drawer organisers for paint? I have a little ikea chest of drawers I use for paint and it's great, except getting stuff from the back of the drawer involves taking out a load of stuff from the front etc

Anyone have any recommendation of drawer organisers for paint? I have a little ikea chest of drawers I use for paint and it's great, except getting stuff from the back of the drawer involves taking out a load of stuff from the front etc
You can use the little ikea white plastic tubs as an option. I just always find less paint ends up fitting if I organise them

Those of you that use them, what compressors have you been using with your airbrushes?

I use a sil-air 15d and I absolutely love it, however I chose it for one reason (silence) and that’s the only way it outperforms my old compressor really which was an AS-186, the same one pretty much everyone’s got. The sil-air was very expensive but worth it for me as I can use it whenever I like and not worry about disturbing neighbours or waking up my daughter or wife.

The start capacitor was starting to give up on the 186 I think, but it’s an easy fix, and my mates been borrowing it long term and it hasn’t died yet.

My daughter bought me a Royal Max TC90 compressor and H+S Ultra 2024 for Father's Day this year. I practised with it on paper with some inks to get used to it but haven't had much chance to use it due to a lack of space and the need for a booth.

Does everyone here use a spraybooth? I tried using it in the wet room with the extractor fan going and windows open to keep the fresh air circulating. It was only a temporary experiment so I could test undercoating the Heroquest minis (picked that up cheap from Zavvi), but the odour of cleaning solution and the film of paint 'dust' that went everywhere was a no go. Luckily I did wear a mask just to be safe :p.

So played some games with my accidental Sisters purchase yesterday as well as a game with the Necrons.

Wow, they are potent!

Game 1, vs nids.
Won convincingly on turn 3.

Game 2, vs world eaters and Angron.
Turn 1 victory for the Necrons. Angron managed a turn 1 charge into the Void dragon, took 2 wounds off the VD and then the strikes back instakilled Angron. In my first turn, moved the Void dragon up and got the charge into his berserkers totalling them all.

Game 3, vs world eaters and Angron.
Angron didnt get a turn 1 charge, and was just sat in range of the multimelters who turned him into a puddle.
Turn 2 was just a cleanup job :)

So played some games with my accidental Sisters purchase yesterday as well as a game with the Necrons.

Wow, they are potent!

Game 1, vs nids.
Won convincingly on turn 3.

Game 2, vs world eaters and Angron.
Turn 1 victory for the Necrons. Angron managed a turn 1 charge into the Void dragon, took 2 wounds off the VD and then the strikes back instakilled Angron. In my first turn, moved the Void dragon up and got the charge into his berserkers totalling them all.

Game 3, vs world eaters and Angron.
Angron didnt get a turn 1 charge, and was just sat in range of the multimelters who turned him into a puddle.
Turn 2 was just a cleanup job :)

You should enter a tournament. I think from your reports you've got a 100% win rate, haven't you?

Compared to Necrons,.how painful are the sisters to paint?

Issue 1 and 2 of Combat Patrol finally turned up today

Nice. Just cancelled mine, I don't want or need 90% of the stuff so rather spend that £50 a month on stuff I do. I don't really need a lot else tbh, probably a couple more forgefiends and maybe some venomcrawlers.

Last edited:
My daughter bought me a Royal Max TC90 compressor and H+S Ultra 2024 for Father's Day this year. I practised with it on paper with some inks to get used to it but haven't had much chance to use it due to a lack of space and the need for a booth.

Does everyone here use a spraybooth? I tried using it in the wet room with the extractor fan going and windows open to keep the fresh air circulating. It was only a temporary experiment so I could test undercoating the Heroquest minis (picked that up cheap from Zavvi), but the odour of cleaning solution and the film of paint 'dust' that went everywhere was a no go. Luckily I did wear a mask just to be safe :p.
I use one of these and put the hose out of the window to extract the fumes, had it nearly a year now with no issues at all.

I use a sil-air 15d and I absolutely love it, however I chose it for one reason (silence) and that’s the only way it outperforms my old compressor really which was an AS-186, the same one pretty much everyone’s got. The sil-air was very expensive but worth it for me as I can use it whenever I like and not worry about disturbing neighbours or waking up my daughter or wife.

The start capacitor was starting to give up on the 186 I think, but it’s an easy fix, and my mates been borrowing it long term and it hasn’t died yet.
That’s a shame. Mostly because I feel like the silence would be super helpful, as you say for wife and kid benefit. But cost is a bit extreme!

Thanks for the replies. I did go down the rabbit hole of reading everything I could and you end up with people slating the portable hobby units as insufficient but it gets too much into laquers and enamel with I will never use.

Extraction is a must due to my son's respiratory health. The best bet will be a folding table near a window in our bedroom with one of those booths.

That’s a shame. Mostly because I feel like the silence would be super helpful, as you say for wife and kid benefit. But cost is a bit extreme!

I would say that even the cheap ones like I have are pretty quiet and because they have such a big tank it doesn't really need to refill that often.
Like I felt it would only be an issue if you were trying to do it in a completely silent house like when everyone had gone to bed.

You should enter a tournament. I think from your reports you've got a 100% win rate, haven't you?

Pretty high up there yea, but ive watched tournaments and frankly it goes into a level of play I wouldnt find interesting with people pedanting over the tiniest of things to get an advantage.

Compared to Necrons,.how painful are the sisters to paint?

Pretty rough :cry:

Pretty high up there yea, but ive watched tournaments and frankly it goes into a level of play I wouldnt find interesting with people pedanting over the tiniest of things to get an advantage.

Pretty rough :cry:

Yeah I hear you. I enjoy the casual games I play where we don't mind if someone isn't quite within range for piling in and stuff and there is some give and take.
I've also watched videos of competitive play and like you say, players will argue about everything in order to get an advantage even if it comes down to millimetres lol.

They do things like doubles events and narrative ones. I don't really know what they involve but by all means it's for fun and again not competitive. It's a good group of people who play where I go.

Yeah the painting is what's really put me off them. I mean I'm struggling with my chaos stuff. I think I need something easier next time or at least something that lets me use mostly my airbrush, looking at you Knights.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom