Tabletop Warhammer?

1000 point game tonight. My dark angels vs blood angels.
Through sheer fluke I thought I'd trial a vanguard list and it definitely won me the game. The cover plus -1 to hit completely neutralised his limited shooting. What really did it though was the calculated feint strat. Saved me from 2 nasty charges.
First turn I managed to pop his baal predator, a 5 man death company squad with captain, a chaplain (thanks to precision), another death company marine and dropped his dread to 5 wounds.
He came back at me and did...1 wound on a heavy Intercessor but managed to burst through a building and melt my eliminators with his dread.
Turn 2 I somehow...rolled 4 1s on a Lancer to hit, despite only needing 2s. Despite this finished off the dread, 3 death company from one squad and 2 from another.
I avoided a charge from his lamartes blob which allowed me to completely wipe them out along with the remaining 2 dc. Scored full secondaries but only had 2 main objectives consistently. He didn't score anything.

I won't tell you to follow your inner voice telling you to follow the Lord of the First...I'll just suggest it ;)

Lore-wise, they are also the Chapter that unabashedly is still effectively a legion at this point in time in all but name, and have the coolest/most secretive toys in thier hidden arsenals. No other legion/chapter can match them in this.
The Blood Angels by contrast are a bunch of PTSD-ridden Angry Marines, that try to pretend they are not ;)

You called the Space Wolves/Leman Russ when you want an executioner and a warning.
You called the Dark Angels/The Lion, when you no longer need a warning or an execution, but simply an extermination.

Think the wolves also kind of operate as one like the dark angels, or they used too.

Think the wolves also kind of operate as one like the dark angels, or they used too.
The thing with the Wolves is that yes, they're oversized, but they don't have much in the way of successor chapters. The Dark Angels however have a lot of them, and all of them effectively at senior levels get inducted into the circles and the truth, and in reality operate as spin off chapters of the larger organisation.

It's a similar concept to the Last Wall Protocol of the Imperial Fists, with the exception being that it's permanently active.

Last edited:
sundaypreview-oct27-thh_01-meleeweapons-leyrm8suaa.jpg

It's so beautiful

Back
Top Bottom