Tabletop Warhammer?

Caporegime
Soldato
I haven't been able to paint as much as I would like but been following the lore and updates daily.

Kind of an exciting time. Seems the end of 9th is closing in.

Dark Mechanicus arriving and Anrgon will surely show up at the start 10th?

Will we see a loyalist Primarch return?

Associate
I haven't been able to paint as much as I would like but been following the lore and updates daily.

Kind of an exciting time. Seems the end of 9th is closing in.

Dark Mechanicus arriving and Anrgon will surely show up at the start 10th?

Will we see a loyalist Primarch return?
Would love to see Lion'El return, could look forward to an excellent mini for him

Caporegime
Marines vs Aeldari, 1000pts.

Aeldari won the dice off and forced me to go first. They'd deployed relatively conservatively but with the mistake of having their dark reapers and a unit of rangers in a building.
I pushed forward on the flanks taking 2 objectives but also putting their reapers, rangers and a squad of badly positioned shroud runners in range and line of sight.
My first dread on the left put all of its light weapons in to the shroud runners and shot 2 of them down, the plasma went in to the rangers but I only managed a single kill.
The right flank did better, my suppressors picked of 2 reapers before the plasma on the second dread opened and melted the final 3. The rest of its shots had already been declared on them so were wasted.

The aeldari came back with a somewhat muted counter punch having lost most of their firepower or lacking range on their shurikans. A bit of psychic shenanigans resulted in some mortal wounds on the dreads, then the bright lance on the wraith lord hit the right hand dread but thankfully for minimum damage. The remaining rangers popped a wound on some incursors and 2 wounds on the left hand dread.
Charge phase and the howling banshees were unleashed. They managed to kill the wounded incursor and one of his mates before the counter punch of the incursors and a heroically intervening phobos librarian mulched them. The librarian alone accounting for 4.

Limited targets were available to me in this phase so I managed to wipe out the remaining rangers from one squad, pop a couple of wounds on the wraithlord and one on the shroud runner after mostly consolidating the objectives or setting up for charges.
My chaplain on bike made his charge in to the remaining shroud runner and absolutely obliterated it. This allowed me to consolidate towards the main aeldari grouping that was holding their spawn objective however did leave him exposed (cough distraction carbide, cough).

Their next turn was interesting, all of the remaining units emerged from cover now that I had a lot more in range. The last unit of rangers managed to put 6 wounds on my left hand dread leaving it looking shakey on just 4 wounds. The combined psychic and shooting of the aeldari farseer and 10 guardians then failed to do a single wound to my chaplain. That was 20 guided shurikans and a failed smite!
The wraith lord fired its flamers in to the remaining inceptors and...did nothing. It then used an auto hit on its bright lance to hopefully bracket the second dread...and failed to wound despite a re-roll!
After shooting most of the infantry scurried back in to cover to limit my return fire however the wraithlord decided it really didn't like the incursors and librarian...whom it promptly charged. This obviously warranted a transhuman pop which paid off! He only managed a pair of wounds on the librarian and killed an incursor before the librarian smashed 4 more in return. It then fell to the blade of the last incursor!

Things were looking very iffy for the aeldari here but I had only a little shooting, the right hand dread finished off the spiritseer that had been buffing the wraithlord and my chaplain shot 2 rangers to death. My bracketed dread somehow managed to polish off 4 guardians with my eliminators popping 2 more.
The chaplain then charged his farseer and despite hitting with all 8 attacks...did 2 wounds. The chaplain however took nothing in return.
With this I held 3 objectives and the aeldari had been shot off the last. We ran the final aeldari turn which resulted in no damage from the remaining sporadic shooting and then the guardians and rangers joined the melee against my chaplain. Who again didn't take a single wound but also failed to do anything against the farseer.

With both dreads now in charge range and me holding 3/4 objectives the game was completely beyond the aeldari to turn around so victory was declared!

Last edited:
Soldato
rather than start another thread i'll aks this question here.... sorry if it's the wrong place.

However, is there a compendium somewhere online that shows a list of all the different boxsets that have been released by GW over the last 5 to 6 years for 40K, e.g dark imperium, dark vengenace, assault on blackreach etc ?

My google fu must be weak because I can only seem to return results for recently released stuff. I am trying to find a comprehensive listing but onyl seem to get the occasional hits for single products.

Caporegime
rather than start another thread i'll aks this question here.... sorry if it's the wrong place.

However, is there a compendium somewhere online that shows a list of all the different boxsets that have been released by GW over the last 5 to 6 years for 40K, e.g dark imperium, dark vengenace, assault on blackreach etc ?

My google fu must be weak because I can only seem to return results for recently released stuff. I am trying to find a comprehensive listing but onyl seem to get the occasional hits for single products.

Wahapedia may have something or...

Soldato
Using that link, if you look at the list of 'Starter Sets' on the 8th Edition (2017) page you see...

Dark Imperium • Know No Fear • Forgebane • Tooth and Claw • First Strike • Wake the Dead • Shadowspear • Wrath and Rapture • Blood of the Phoenix • Prophecy of the Wolf

9th Edition (2020)...

Indomitus • Starter Set • Getting Started • Piety and Pain • Hexfire • Shadow Throne • Eldritch Omens

I don't think 'Getting Started' is a box set of miniatures though

Soldato
My son got into this recently and I'm trying to learn the game and help him paint. Tbh I'm slowly getting drawn in myself and tempted to start collecting.

What's the easiest way of getting up to speed with lore?

If we/I did want to get into playing, is it a case of googling a local group to play with? He's quite young (6yrs) so do these groups cater for this age?

Associate
My son got into this recently and I'm trying to learn the game and help him paint. Tbh I'm slowly getting drawn in myself and tempted to start collecting.

What's the easiest way of getting up to speed with lore?

If we/I did want to get into playing, is it a case of googling a local group to play with? He's quite young (6yrs) so do these groups cater for this age?

Lore wise I'd recommend Luetin09 on youtube, they do some good detailed vids. And Lexicanum which contains a huge amount to read through.

Around my way local groups is the way to go although no idea for such a young age.

Associate
Have been wondering when to try my nearly 6 year old with this but was not sure if a bit young, so good to hear someone else is giving it a go

Soldato
Anyone tried those contrast paints from GW?

I've never used one, or been that keen if I'm honest, but I'm thinking about painting up an army with orange jumpsuits, I've tried various orange paints, army painter, VH etc all been very terrible.

Wondering if the GW contrast are good, would make things much faster as well.
What are you painting?

I use a lot of contrast on my Orks and it works very well as there isn't many flat panels and with it being a horde army it works well so smash out squads of boys quickly.

When they're all line up on the table (sometimes 60 models) you don't notice that they're not perfectly highlighted.

If you're going to do marines with them I don't think it would work as well.

Soldato
What are you painting?

I use a lot of contrast on my Orks and it works very well as there isn't many flat panels and with it being a horde army it works well so smash out squads of boys quickly.

When they're all line up on the table (sometimes 60 models) you don't notice that they're not perfectly highlighted.

If you're going to do marines with them I don't think it would work as well.

Imperial guard, but not the armour, the... Fatigues? (Clothes) long story but I'm trying to paint up an IG army to look a little like rebel pilots from star wars. But the clothes are very textured.

Back
Top Bottom