Tabletop Warhammer?

Associate
Thanks to @roman59 managed to get the rack extended and installed. Happy days. Loads of room to fill now.

PXL_20240513_180428718.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
Looking good my friend, really good that they all fitted correctly ;)

Finally after about a two month wait I have a bottle of Newsh arriving tomorrow from Element Games, looking forward to trying it out :)

Plus more Pro Acryl paint as well ;)

Last edited:
Associate
I ordered the rogue hobbies paint set yesterday, like I haven’t got enough paint already :rolleyes:

And the set of monument pro synthetics. I’ve never got on with synthetic brushes but I have heard some good things about these so I’ll have a go.
I have just spent nearly an hour scanning all my bottles of paint (Pro Acryl, Scale 75, Vallejo & AK Interactive) into the Paintrack app on my phone, that does not include all my Citadel paint which I have already logged in the Citadel Paint app :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I have just spent nearly an hour scanning all my bottles of paint (Pro Acryl, Scale 75, Vallejo & AK Interactive) into the Paintrack app on my phone, that does not include all my Citadel paint which I have already logged in the Citadel Paint app :)
I use it also but find that colour match isn’t great. I hear great things about miniature painter pro but you have to pay for the app lol

Associate
I use it also but find that colour match isn’t great. I hear great things about miniature painter pro but you have to pay for the app lol
Not too worried about the colour match, all I want is a list of my paints I can check easily so I don't buy duplicate colours by accident ;)

Associate

Picked this up today from my local hobby store, it was the only copy of White Dwarf they had in stock ;)

Already going for stupid prices on ebay.

Cheers All

Associate
Oh dear used the Paintrack app to scan and catalogue my non Citadel paints, I have been buy model paint since the first lockdown, 303 differrent colours oops.

I dare not count the Citadel paints logged in my GW app ;)

Cheers all

Soldato
Looks great @kindai.

My painting has slowed somewhat as I've branched into more games, albeit they need miniatures painted too: Dystopian Wars, Fallout.
Probably get some momentum now it's better weather etc as I dont play pc much then.

Last edited:
Associate
My twelve year old son is just starting to get into Warhammer, he’s bought Thousand Sons Combat Patrol GW-43-67.
Where can he find a painting guide with the correct colours?
We have asked in our local Warhammer store, no luck there, and a live chat with Warhammer customer service wasn’t much help either.
I’m surprised the box doesn’t come with a painting guide and a list of colours required.

Thanks

Soldato
@Dblaze are you looking specifically for particular colours to buy or just a general guide to how to paint them?

There's no hard and fast rules with this sort of stuff - Thousand Sons are traditionally blue with gold trim but there's a level of flexibility - it doesn't have to be a specific blue or specific gold. Just following pictures is good enough if he's wanting a reference for which bits should be which colour but he can't really paint them 'wrong' if he decides to paint the guns red instead of black for example.

Thousand Suns are quite a challenging place to start in terms of painting I think, with a lot of gold trim, so for a beginner I would be minded to buy a gold spray as a base colour and then fill in the colours around the gold trim - as per https://www.goonhammer.com/how-to-paint-thousand-sons-the-games-workshop-method/

I'd personally suggest getting a 'starter set' of paints like this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Army-Painter-Warpaints-Fanatic-Brush/dp/B0CVGQ7BZD as well.

Games Workshop do have some older videos but you'll see from their paint list, their painting guides are/were often focused towards encouraging you to buy as many individual paints as they can get away with.

Last edited:
Sgarrista
Commissario
My twelve year old son is just starting to get into Warhammer, he’s bought Thousand Sons Combat Patrol GW-43-67.
Where can he find a painting guide with the correct colours?
We have asked in our local Warhammer store, no luck there, and a live chat with Warhammer customer service wasn’t much help either.
I’m surprised the box doesn’t come with a painting guide and a list of colours required.

Thanks

You can pretty much do the first 2 minutes of the video and end up with some decent looking models, and then just add some extra details in as you want.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom