Tate Brothers - Round 2

Why?

Hes under house arrest as he was considered a flight risk.
We would do the same here if we genuinely thought he may leg it.

They should and hopefully will bring the correct and only correct charges against him for what he has done, and if thats nothing then they should bring nothing and let him go.

Anyway he supposed to be hard and would have within days been running the jail according to many here so it was just like a busmans holiday for him surely? Potentially.
Free board and lodgings.
I think people are being lulled in to accepting a bad situation because it's being done against the bogeyman.

I think it's unacceptable for anyone to be held this long with no formal charge. You either agree with the principle of reasonable justice, no matter who it is, or not.

They can't hold him indefinitely. And if they haven't charged him now they won't ever charge him, can't wait for the absolute meltdown a few people here will have when he walks free :D

They can legally have 180 days to keep him under house. Prosecutors have to show the judge evidence they are building a case with additional evidencial findings to keep him under house arrest.

The legal process in Romania is very slow. Romanian ex-cons say it can take 5 years for a case to come to court after an initial arrest. Essentially no charges at this stage doesn't mean there's a lack of evidence or a conviction is less likely. It's simply how they do business.

I was under the impression they had until the roughly the end of July to charge or release?

If so, that's just one more extension and, potentially, 2 months until they need to do something.

I think people are being lulled in to accepting a bad situation because it's being done against the bogeyman.

I think it's unacceptable for anyone to be held this long with no formal charge. You either agree with the principle of reasonable justice, no matter who it is, or not.

To be honest I think if your going to specifically move somewhere because of by our standards, a weak and potentially corrupt legal system, you get whats coming to you if you end up on the wrong side of it.

Romania were all too happy to see the back of Roma and facilitated their exit, often to the UK. But they had relatively little money even though their criminality was rife. The Tates, allegedly, are a different catch. One gets the impression its less a matter of what they've done and more of what prosecuting them is worth on the world stage. Whatever occurs, it's still a dump in my book :)

I was under the impression they had until the roughly the end of July to charge or release?

If so, that's just one more extension and, potentially, 2 months until they need to do something.

No, because under Romanian law they consider the house arrest order of 6 months as unrelated to the time in custody

I think the Romanians are coming out of this rather well. They've had him locked up in prison, they've curtailed his movement, and they haven't even had to charge him with anything. They are full of "WIN", the only downer is he seems to still have internet access.

End of the day, he knows they won't tolerate his behaviour anymore, an extreme way to let him know, but with the views he espouses maybe he is a very slow learner.

They can't hold him indefinitely. And if they haven't charged him now they won't ever charge him, can't wait for the absolute meltdown a few people here will have when he walks free :D

This post, and the bit at the end in particular says a lot about you really.

Most (if not all) are more concerned with Justice being done fairly, than hoping to eventually get a rise out of some random forum posters we've never met.

If he walks away Scott free because of lack of evidence, so be it.

Last edited:
I think the Romanians are coming out of this rather well. They've had him locked up in prison, they've curtailed his movement, and they haven't even had to charge him with anything. They are full of "WIN", the only downer is he seems to still have internet access.

End of the day, he knows they won't tolerate his behaviour anymore, an extreme way to let him know, but with the views he espouses maybe he is a very slow learner.

You seem to have a very strange idea as to how an EU member country's legal and imprisonment system should work and be used. Praising its abuse, if that is indeed what's happening, but apparently something you believe is occurring is somewhat, err radical!

Do you recommend we take heed and remodel the British system to hold people without charge or hope of charge because the authorities simply don't like them and decide to teach them some sort of arbitrary lesson?

You seem to have a very strange idea as to how an EU member country's legal and imprisonment system should work and be used. Praising its abuse, if that is indeed what's happening, but apparently something you believe is occurring is somewhat, err radical!

Do you recommend we take heed and remodel the British system to hold people without charge or hope of charge because the authorities simply don't like them and decide to teach them some sort of arbitrary lesson?

Why would you care what an EU member country does ? Not like the UK is in that club.

He didn't do his pedo-pimping in the UK wonder why that was ? Oh yeah, he thought he'd found somewhere that would be OK with it, now he's found out the tripadvisor review he read may have glossed over some things.

Why would you care what an EU member country does ? Not like the UK is in that club.

He didn't do his pedo-pimping in the UK wonder why that was ? Oh yeah, he thought he'd found somewhere that would be OK with it, now he's found out the tripadvisor review he read may have glossed over some things.

Actualy he did and has a case or two waiting for him to return. The same with the US.

Back
Top Bottom