Tate Brothers - Round 2

Isn't the disclosure of sensitive information pertaining to the prosecutions file bad for their case? As in it would likely result in a miss trial if it every actually did go anywhere.

They deny all the charges against them. Some of the messages may originally have been written or recorded in English, then translated into Romanian by prosecutors and re-translated back into English by the BBC.

The BBC cannot verify whether the messages have been accurately transcribed or whether they were sent by the defendants as claimed, because the original evidence is not included in the summary document.
So the BBC's headline story today is about some allegations that may have been misinterpreted along the way.

Good job BBC, top journalism.

So the BBC's headline story today is about some allegations that may have been misinterpreted along the way.

Good job BBC, top journalism.

Must admit, I’d be bemused to see the original, ‘totally harmless’ original English version of this:

Mainly I'm going to slave these bitches […] I'm going to make them work even more hours and hours and hours.. I work these bitches like slaves. […] SLAVE work. Minimum 10 or 12 hours a day

Maybe he was originally talking about walking his dogs for long periods, for maximum health benefits? :p

Must admit, I’d be bemused to see the original, ‘totally harmless’ original English version of this:

Maybe he was originally talking about walking his dogs for long periods, for maximum health benefits? :p
Yeah I doubt it's massively mistranslated. But it just struck me as odd that it is the main headline story on their website, with a disclaimer that basically says "the BBC may have misinterpreted everything".

The BBC cannot verify whether the messages have been accurately transcribed or whether they were sent by the defendants as claimed, because the original evidence is not included in the summary document.

Yet it's front page news.

To be perfectly honest context is key. just popped "I'm going to slave these bitches" into google translate and it came back with "Voi sclava acestor cățele", then ran that through another translation website and it comes back with "I'll slave for these bitches". So yeah, the original would be required, as on one hand he's 'making these women his slaves', and on the other he's going to 'work really really hard for them'.

Last edited:
Now we are also hearing it could take years for a verdict.. hardly slam dunk...

Where have you been? Pretty sure that's been the case right from the beginning. Seems like a complex case and their system works differently. Honestly who cares how long it takes, he moved there exactly for this reason as he thought their justice system was crap.

Dialup in the Letby thread: So what if she's been convicted, I need to see the all evidence before I can agree with the verdict!
Dialup in the Tate thread: So what if he's only been charged, I don't need to see all the evidence, he's guilty!

Never change dude :cry:

But do you think he's likely to have committed a crime or not?

I am not saying he's guilty, I am saying I think he has committed a crime.

Just answer the point.

Do you agree that he comes across as a nasty individual?

Back
Top Bottom