Teacher Grooming using the belt?!

Soldato
Definitely downsides in saying anyone under 16 is incapable of making rational decisions. We chuck that out of the window every five minutes for murders of course... But in matters of sex. Completely incapable of thinking straight.
Physically a person is ready for sex roughly from when puberty kicks in, but societal morals have changed somewhat since the 1300s and greatly complicated the matter. Their bodies are telling them one thing, while their society is telling them a whole bunch of other, contradictory things. Hell, even adults of 20, 30 or 40 years get confused by societal messages.

However, murder simple remains murder and kids as young as 3 can understand with perfect clarity that it's wrong to hurt people.

Don
The film is supposed to be a British Classic.
I've only seen the first 15 minutes when I realised it was about two 15 year olds.
I’ve never got why it’s so popular or at least held in high regards.

Reading one of the lads statements on the case. Pretty much reads as if he was quite happy nailing her until she used him to get pregnant.

Soldato
Like in the film Rita, Sue and Bob Too.
I'm gobsmacked how many people including women think that film is OK when it involves a 27 year old man porking two 15 year olds.
It's not meant to be OK...
"You may think what happens to Rita and Sue couldn't happen in England... You may be shocked. You may be appalled..." - From the original trailer.

It's done as a comedic drama but the original screenwriter Andrea Dunbar based it on her plays (RS&BT and The Arbour), which were fairly autobiographical and pretty bleak. Other writers were later brought in to give the film a happier ending.

It's also very much of it's time. Laws weren't so tight back then and men weren't so unacceptably predatory compared to today.

I’ve never got why it’s so popular or at least held in high regards.
"The play is a document of its times. If it stands up well today, it is because Dunbar’s unflinching portrait of a world of limited horizons and urban desolation still seems chillingly resonant"
From a Guardian review on a 2018 production of the original play.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It's not meant to be OK...

I know that but about once a month some post will come up on Facebook (blah blah Facebook I deleted mine etc) showing a still from the film and I'm appalled how many of my friends both male and female think it's OK and one of the funniest things they've ever seen.
When I point out what it's about they tell me to get a life or whatever.
Sad to say the bloke at the top was my drummer back in the 70s, on a similar post I asked him what if it was a 27 year old bloke porking his 15 year old daughter for harmless fun and he told me to get a life.

ritasueandbobtoo.jpg

Soldato
When I point out what it's about they tell me to get a life or whatever.
Can something not be a horrific situation and be funny at the same time, though?
I mean, this is often the basis for a lot of comedians, along with shows like Bluestone 42 and the sense of humour found in most soldiers.

Humour can often make people far more receptive to considering some of the bad things in life, than a straight hard-hitting documentary. Bill Hicks' humour worked like that, and it's why Dennis Leary kinda fell down when he tried the same thing.

Another classic that's pretty grim when you read it on paper is Withnail And I. Same for The History Boys... Richard Griffiths does seem to have gotten lumped with some dark roles.

Soldato
I dont agree with 6 1/2 years compared to other serious crimes, a chap in Liverpool defrauded the NHS out of hundreds of thousands and get this, avoided jail completely. Her crime was far less serious in my view compared to stealing hundreds of thousands worth of tax payers money and NHS with deception over a long period of time.

Not sure what the fraud case has to do with anything; she committed sexual offences against two boys whom she groomed via a position of trust. The sentence is a reflection of the seriousness of that.

Soldato
Not sure what the fraud case has to do with anything; she committed sexual offences against two boys whom she groomed via a position of trust. The sentence is a reflection of the seriousness of that.

what about the seriousness of 18 year old man smashing broken glass into young womans face, permanently disfiguring them for life, damaging all the nerve system in their face, 10 stitches and no doubt ruining her young life.

2 years and 3 months sentence.

I just dont see her crime in the same severity as horrific life changing violence sorry.

Soldato
what about the seriousness of 18 year old man smashing broken glass into young womans face, permanently disfiguring them for life, damaging all the nerve system in their face, 10 stitches and no doubt ruining her young life.

2 years and 3 months sentence.

I just dont see her crime in the same severity as horrific life changing violence sorry.
What do you think a more appropriate sentence would be, keeping in mind she was in a position of a trust and there were two victims?

I've little doubt if the genders were reversed this conversation wouldn't be happening.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Pretty sure any guy on here would have been happy to be a 'victim' of this thing when in school by a female teacher.

Off course it's 'wrong' because it was teacher/pupil, but any 15/16 year old would have been super happy to get in the knickers of an older, attractive woman.

Last edited:
Soldato
Pretty sure any guy on here would have been happy to be a 'victim' of this thing when in school by a female teacher.

Off course it's 'wrong' because it was teacher/pupil, but any 15/16 year old would have been super happy to get in the knickers of an older, attractive woman.
That woman took advantage of children for her own sexual gratification.

When the guy grows up he's going to realise he was taken advantage of, as well have a distorted view of women.

Some of these abusers become pregnant during these acts.

Imagine this scenario, that a teacher has sex with you when you're 14/15. She then wants it repeatedly. You've no time for your studies or your friends. She's taking over your life, and is contacting you again, and again, and again etc. How do you end the relationship without fearing the consequences?

Soldato
IMHO I don't think paedophilia can ever be funny.
So what, you cannot enjoy things like Dexter, because a murderer is still a murderer and it's wrong to murder?
Or you think Oceans 11 is not funny, because the main characters are thieves and crime is not funny?
Or Blackadder Goes Forth is not funny because people die in war?
Or Blazing Saddles isn't funny because it features racist characters?

It's a setting, which gives rise to events which are being comedically portrayed. That doesn't lessen the gravity of them.

This technically isn't paedophillia any because the character in question is not exclusively attracted to pre-pubescent children. Nor is it ephebophilila or any others, for the same reason.
It is underage sex, child abuse and statutory rape, for which a somewhat predatory opportunist bears full legal culpability. But it's also not specifically about any of those things and the effect they specifically have on the victims.

When the guy grows up he's going to realise he was taken advantage of, as well have a distorted view of women.
Most people grow up with a distorted view of some kind. Few people get a well-rounded experience of either gender in all its forms and major variants.
Most people also get taken advantage of at some point, in some way.
They also tend to figure it out through subsequent experience.

Caporegime
Physically a person is ready for sex roughly from when puberty kicks in, but societal morals have changed somewhat since the 1300s and greatly complicated the matter
One of my nieces started having periods at 6 or so.....
She has something wrong with her medically.

Puberty doesnt always kick in when its meant too or mean they are ready...

Thats a movie that mocks racists, its not a racist movie

I'll laugh at Jimmy Carr and Gervais Pedo jokes though, but I guess its only funny because of the shock value

Last edited:
Soldato
Physically a person is ready for sex roughly from when puberty kicks in, but societal morals have changed somewhat since the 1300s and greatly complicated the matter. Their bodies are telling them one thing, while their society is telling them a whole bunch of other, contradictory things. Hell, even adults of 20, 30 or 40 years get confused by societal messages.
erm, i'd disagree you look at pevlis sizes and baby sizes..
also the body getting ready doesnt mean the mind is ready.

One of my nieces started having periods at 6 or so.....
She has something wrong with her medically.

Puberty doesnt always kick in when its meant too or mean they are ready...
yep i heard about this with other families :/ puberty blockers when court early can help delay.
she sort of looses her childhood a little.

this was a rather public and extreme case..

Lina Medina

Caporegime
You've no time for your studies or your friends. She's taking over your life, and is contacting you again, and again, and again etc. How do you end the relationship without fearing the consequences?

That's a narcissistic girlfriend :cry:

Most of us fancied the female drama teacher back in the 90's

Man of Honour
So what, you cannot enjoy things like Dexter, because a murderer is still a murderer and it's wrong to murder?
Or you think Oceans 11 is not funny, because the main characters are thieves and crime is not funny?
Or Blackadder Goes Forth is not funny because people die in war?

Why are you making other stuff up that's nothing to do with the subject matter?
I don't think having sex with underage kids can ever be funny, I find it strange that you do :(

Back
Top Bottom