Team Group Dark Pro "8 Pack Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black

Associate
Hi, sorry if this is hijacking or anything.. I bought this memory to match this motherboard based on this image as I couldn't seem to find suitable 3200mhz ram for the motherboard.. I've just built a pc using said memory and motherboard with a ryzen 5 1600 and i can't seem to get the memory to run at the advertised speed and latencies.. did it run right out the box like this?

16gb ASUS Prime B350 plus. Yes no problem 3200mhz C14 on B Chipset.

Associate
That's what I've tried.. after setting it to docp it would beep 3 times, restart, beep another 3 times, restart, beep once and then restart telling me that the oc failed. Haven't got the knowledge to start adjusting the settings manually, was hoping this would be a plug and play affair :(.

Associate
Same result as before, set DRAM to 1.4 couldn't see a boot voltage option.

I have updated to the newest bios version (newer than the version in the image 8 pack posted) if that matters?

Associate
Tried it with the same bios version as you to no luck! That's a bit of a bugger, only wanted the 3200mhz ram because of the (mixed) reports of ryzen favouring it.. is the lmc being junk a big deal? Is it something to return a cpu over or is it really not worth fussing with?

I appreciate all the help so far guys.

Associate
^ My 1700X won't reach 3200 with this kit, so settled for 3066 which is fine with a few timing adjustments. I don't think it's something you can return a CPU for as it's technically not faulty, anything more than 2666 is beyond the guaranteed spec of the IMC.

Associate
Oookay, so I decided to run memtest and whilst that was running I noticed it was only showing 8gb of ram.. after some jiggling of dimms and slots, I now have 16gb of 3200mhz DDR4 at the advertised latencies.. hopefully it stays this way!

Thanks again fellas

Associate
Hmm possibly, though in windows it recognised there was 16gb but only 8gb was available and in the bios too it showed both DIMMS but said i only had 8gb memory...?

Associate
Was looking to pair Ryzen 1600 with the ASUS strix B350-F and this memory kit. However when I checked the QVL I couldnt see it listed, has anyone had a chance to test this? Reasonable chance i'll be able to get 3200 on it?

Associate
I never tried low timings on ryzen more like verification on several boards.

On Intel the best of those sticks can go c12 4K Mhz with high volts. You need to test.....

hi 8 Pack just quick question, when you got c12 4k out of you 3200mhz dimms on apex with i7 7700k did you have to set maxmem to stop bsod? or was windows stable at 16gb?

Back
Top Bottom