Tennis

Caporegime
Well he's lied to the border officials by telling them he didn't travel anywhere for two weeks, was seen also seen in Belgrade on the 26th.

The QR code for his test also returned a negative result until this morning so that appears to have been tampered with :o

Edit: That's based on the assumption the journalists covering the story were using the correct QR code each time.

Last edited:
Soldato
If it’s true, testing positive but going out in public is a very poor show.

Well he's lied to the border officials by telling them he didn't travel anywhere for two weeks, was seen also seen in Belgrade on the 26th.

The QR code for his test also returned a negative result until this morning so that appears to have been tampered with :o

Edit: That's based on the assumption the journalists covering the story were using the correct QR code each time.

Sounds like grounds to be denied a visa on 'not being a person of good character.'

Caporegime
His family cutting short the press conference after being asked why he was out and about after testing positive definitely isn't a red flag.

Man of Honour

It would seem this is far from over.

Caporegime
Murray won in straight sets in a warm up event before the Aussie Open and Raducanu got thrashed in hers 6-0, 6-1.

She recently had COVID and hasn't played for weeks. Her opponent, Rybakina, recently made a final and is playing very well so not a surprising result but the score line must've hurt.

Don't really expect much from either until later in the year, perhaps at Wimbledon, but Murray probably has the better chance of progression next week.

Associate
It could go either way with Murray due to his ranking. I can see him having a good run and winning a few matches here at least, but I can also see him having a tough first round draw and ending up losing a close match and/or getting injured.

Raducanu I think based on her warmup match and lack of preparation due to covid is going to have a difficult time.

Soldato
It could go either way with Murray due to his ranking. I can see him having a good run and winning a few matches here at least, but I can also see him having a tough first round draw and ending up losing a close match and/or getting injured.

Raducanu I think based on her warmup match and lack of preparation due to covid is going to have a difficult time.
Here firm since the US open is a massive concern she has gone from incredible to terrible in a very short space of time and this was long before she got COVID. Looks to me like she needs a strong coach to guide her at the minute.

Soldato
:cry::cry: Now that would be amusing.

I could just imagine his imbecile father giving a few words to the media if his son was kicked out for not being a person of good character.
The whole situation is ridiculous he has managed to make a complete mockery of Australia’s COVID restrictions the government need to man up and boot him out of the country, tennis just isn’t important enough.

Soldato
Here firm since the US open is a massive concern she has gone from incredible to terrible in a very short space of time and this was long before she got COVID. Looks to me like she needs a strong coach to guide her at the minute.

It's not like she was ever challenging for anything before her run a Wimbledon last year. She had a good run of form and was high on confidence. Now she's playing back at towards her original level. The difference is she's now got a good amount of experience, and a good coach should be able to work with her and get her playing to her increasing potential, which may or not eventually turn out to be that of a regular tournament winner.

Caporegime
I smell BS. His transcript with the Aussie authorities said he got his positive result on the 16th, he now says it was on the 17th. And completely ignored the other events he attended on the 17th, only apologising for doing an interview whilst positive because he didn't want to let the journalist down. Pure drivel. He could win another 10 grand slams and still wouldn't be the greatest.

Even if his agent filled out the form, don't you have to sign it stating it's all correct?

Back
Top Bottom