Test Drive Unlimited 3 is officially being made :)

Would still rather see a remake of the original 1 and 2 with an updated rendering engine including pathtracing - few games have got the scale and attention to detail of graphics like TDU 1 and 2 - get the weather conditions just right and as you come around the mid-point of Kolekole Pass as the valley opens up it looks incredible let down by the janky rocks and limitations of the terrain engine.

(Not my video)

Hope it is work in progress as it looks a step backwards from TDU2 barely PS4 graphics.

EDIT: Physics don't look much better than a game of that era either.

Last edited:
Features wise looks like they've put some effort in and there seemed to be quite a lot of environment destruction modelled but the physics and car handling overall looked basic and needing a lot of work, textures looked like N64 kind of era :( though hopefully that is mostly placeholders, the world model detail was barely PS4 level though.

Framerate looked poor as well but that is often something which gets optimised towards the end of the development progress.

Last edited:
Not impressed by that, I'm always cautious when it takes so long to show gameplay, especially so close to launch. Will wait for full launch but likely skip it

Sadly not really that impressed either.

Ironically, it just looked like The Crew to me, which when I first played that years ago I couldn't help feel like it was a soulless attempt at TDU.

I don't think any of the open world driving games have gotten it quite right as TDU1/2 did, they just had a good feeling about them, hard to put a finger on. Forza Horizon looked to be getting there, 3 was great, 4 maybe the peak, 5 whilst a good game has spoilt the formula though, absolutely zero sense of reward or progression with how much it throws at you.

Looks like its heavy on social crap which probs isnt bypassable so you can just enjoy driving. Gameplay didnt look very fun to me looked like a cheaper racing version of tdu instead of casual driving and enjoying the scenery. But it is suppose to be early development so it might improve.

Also its been pushed back to 2024.

Last edited:
Looks like its heavy on social crap which probs isnt bypassable so you can just enjoy driving. Gameplay didnt look very fun to me looked like a cheaper racing version of tdu instead of casual driving and enjoying the scenery. But it is suppose to be early development so it might improve.

Also its been pushed back to 2024.

Looks like it needs a total makeover to me, scrap it, start over, and push it back to 2025 at least.

Shame. I loved TDU2 back in the day, but this isn't grabbing my attention.I haven't played Assetto Corsa yet but watch many videos on you tube about it but I can imagine if that game had a huge open world like TDU/GTA/Forza Horizon games and lots of players it could be amazing.

I Know it's crazy how fast time flies!!! I really miss TDU 1 cruising, no driving game has ever been as fund as TDU 1, EVER!
I agree it was so beautiful cruising with a custom mp3 radio station. Forza is nice but hasn't got the same mountainous flow to it. Hard to describe.

I remember the horror of young me installing TDU off cds then on boot: Invalid boot.ini file, and I was so confused and then realised on forums that this was a known bug in the installer!
Had to use bootcfg /rebuild command thanks TDU :D I don't think I installed 2 but if they are onto 3 now I hope they don't get that wrong again i don't think they'd ever hear the end of it it peoples pcs were corrupted again.

Back
Top Bottom