*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a week and a half away on holiday, pretty much two weeks out of the gym, and just did my second stint tonight since getting back. Legs were still a bit dodgy from Wednesday but it ended up quite a decent workout

Squats
2X5X70kG
2X5X80kG
2X5X90kG
1X8X70kG

Chickened out of going for 100 :o

D/L
2X5X70KG
2X5X80kG
1X5X90kG
1X5X100kG :D

Definitely more there but grip was slipping a bit on the last couple of reps.

3X8X18kG sitting dumbell press
2X10 assisted dips

Officially knackered :)

Wasnt gonna do the last set of 50 but because i didnt have a spotter i couldnt push as hard on the heavier ones. Almost got stuck with the 70 on my chest was aboutt o shout for help :D

Be careful with that man, if the bar rolls up onto your neck then you wouldn't even be able to shout. Make sure you leave the collars off if you have no spotter. That way if things go **** up, you can always tip the plates off of the bar.

Squats
2X5X70kG
2X5X80kG
2X5X90kG
1X8X70kG

Think I'd scrap the 70 and 80kg sets there and just go for 5x5 on the 90kg seeing as you seem to be capable of it. Do a rep or two as you increase the weight up to 90, then just go for it. Even if you only manage 3-4 sets on the heavier weight, it would be better I reckon.

Last edited:
Ah crap i now have jumpers knee, it hurts whenever i do squats or extensions.

Anyone with good advice?

Im loading up on glucosamine/msn and cissus, also have epharm joint force on the way, as it's meant to be very good.

Im assuming it's go light and warm up properly until it's sorted?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i swore a power clean was ending up in the position of a shoulder press?

It did, where it ends up after he cleans it is in the position to start pressing it upwards. ( Or do you mean arms exteneded upwards?)

Jim just doesn't rest it on his shoulders because he's that strong.
The reason his power clean is so "poop" is because he's strong enough to just lift and throw te weight into position without all the "proper technique".

Here's the man behind 5/3/1 doing Standing Press with 240lbs/108kg for 6 reps.

It's thanks to an article and video from Ripptoe and Wendler that I even started doing standing barbbell presses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom