*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back from my first back day with straps. Spiffing!

I've been sat at 100kg working sets for a while as grip was letting me down, today I did this.

60x5
80x5
90x3
100x3x5 (no straps)
110x5 (straps)
120x3 (straps)

Amazed at the difference, 110 actually felt easier going up than 100 :/. Finally getting some proper leg and butt activation now, felt great.

I've decided on some 'goals' for the year today also. I'm still primarily losing weight (133kg-95kg so far :D) but I think this is something to aim for.

• Finish weightloss - Guesstimating 75-80kg (hopefully nearer 80 as I can't wait to eat enough to actually put on size and strength!)
  • 1xBW Bench
  • 1.5xBW Squat
  • 2xBW Deadlift
Current working sets are 70kg bench, 90kg squat & ~100-110 deadlift (from next week anyway).

I'm actually most concerned about my squat. I do have strong legs (from being a fatty all my life!) but its all quads, I can leg-press 550lbs (as high as the stack allows) but I can't squat for toffie :(.

Nice one ^

Your lifts are very similar to mine so will be interesting to see how you progress. I'd love a 2xBW deadlift but i think its gonna be tough to add 30kg judging by how hard 120 was :p

Yeah right Brad Pitt benched 100kg for 8 reps, there must have been some serious spotting going on there!

"BUT DUDE! Everyone knows you only bring the bar down 3-4 inches!
Anymore and you risk hurting your joints! That's why squats are bad dude, they have hurt your knees!

DUUUUUUUUUUDE!"

Ugh, I hate bicep and chest boys with stick legs.

"BUT DUDE! Everyone knows you only bring the bar down 3-4 inches!
Anymore and you risk hurting your joints! That's why squats are bad dude, they have hurt your knees!

DUUUUUUUUUUDE!"

Ugh, I hate bicep and chest boys with stick legs.

"but bro, every time I try to squat it hurts my knees and my back. Also, there was a chick beside me throwing 125lbs like it was light weight, so I felt like a dick less loser standing next to her."
:D

Going to the gym.

Doing concentration curls, dumbbell curls, barbell curls, hammer curls, spider curls, inclined curls, declined curls and reversed curls.

In the Squat rack :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom