*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just being arsey I didn't really mean it :p

Sorry chaps :o

So you should be!!!!

Some of us don't NEED to train legs!!!! ;) :D

Didn't sleep a wink last night, not sure why. Went for a run at around half 6, lovely and quiet :) Shame i'm horribly unfit and only managed 10 minutes :( Not to mention my ankle starts to get pretty stiff by then aswell, fuuuuuu injuries.... Walked briskly for another 20-30 mins after so a nice bit of cardio.

That's my issue...Due to some injuries on my ankles from Skating and other means, running isn't too good for my legs and knees...But its the only 'free' thing I can think of trying to get my CV fitness up! :(

Took the time this morning to workout the macros for 1 slice of seeded wholemeal toast with MP peanut butter and a dash of Nutella.

Protein - 21.1g
Carbs - 37.3g
Fats - 26.4g
Calories - 514

Pretty good I'd say - anyone looking to add an extra 500cals to their diet there you go.

Too late, I've already cancelled my membership, x1.0 BW squat isn't enough :(

Off to buy a caterpillar birthday cake and 3 tubs of Phish Food Ice Cream!

:D :D

To be honest I should have said - squatting and not said anything about any ratio of bodyweight :p I was in a bad mood :p

So you should be!!!!

Some of us don't NEED to train legs!!!! ;) :D

ARRRRGHHHHH! *head explodes*

:p

Uugh.

Woke up with an itchy throat and the odd cough, plus my nose feels slightly congested.

Took a Sinutab and two paracetamol. I hope it feels better for training. I don't like missing training and it's squats today!

Musst....cough...cough...squ-cough...s-SQUAT!

Uugh.

Woke up with an itchy throat and the odd cough, plus my nose feels slightly congested.

Took a Sinutab and two paracetamol. I hope it feels better for training. I don't like missing training and it's squats today!

Musst....cough...cough...squ-cough...s-SQUAT!

Oh im ahead of you on this one.
Throat is sore as hell, well congested and a headache to boot. Add in no energy after about 4pm and thats me.

One thing that is helping is Optavene (think thats the name), it clears the decongestion pretty quick!

Oh im ahead of you on this one.
Throat is sore as hell, well congested and a headache to boot. Add in no energy after about 4pm and thats me.

One thing that is helping is Optavene (think thats the name), it clears the decongestion pretty quick!

Ah man, what the hell is this?

I woke up around 5 am, this morning feeling like hell.
Felt better after going back to bed and getting up at 8 though.

I hope it's not the man flu, I'm too young to die!

Mine is definitely flu like. the worst thing is i'm putting it off with throat sweets and this optravene but not actually trying to recover from it, so come the weekend when i stop working its gonna hit me like a train :(

I can't get sick I've my final college project due soon and training. Bah!

I might go buy some Hall's Soothers and go training later. Otherwise I'll infect my housemate and all her friends that are studying downstairs and go back to bed feeling like I accomplished somthing.
Mwhahaha

I can't get sick I've my final college project due soon and training. Bah!

I might go buy some Hall's Soothers and go training later. Otherwise I'll infect my housemate and all her friends that are studying downstairs and go back to bed feeling like I accomplished somthing.
Mwhahaha
Method of infection?

Lad

^^ lol

Had a great benching session yesterday. It's the end of my cycle so it was time for a new 1rm. The plan was to go for 127.5kg which is a 5kg PB. I wasn't optimistic because of the injuries I've had, but anyway.

Warm ups went well, shoulder was twinging slightly but it didn't seem to be affecting the speed of the lifts. Loaded up 127.5kg, unracked, felt slightly uncomfortable on the way down but was fast off my chest. Stalled slightly, spotter panicked and touched the bar :( but it went up.

Was felling a little cocky so went for 130kg, mostly as a joke. But it actually flew up easier than 127.5kg :confused: Then I tried 132.5kg, but it took various spotters several attempts to load it up properly! Ultimately I failed it, but it's possible I would have had on one of the earlier attempts.

I've been thinking about trying a 1RM for my bench press but not sure the best way to approach it. On Tuesday I did 130kg x 5 reps, but I did 120 x 6 and 100 x 10 leading up to that. How would I structure the sets/reps if I was aiming to complete my 1RM? I'm thinking 145kg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom