*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Failed 215kg. Felt strong going in but with the first lift (130) my grip felt weak and I topped out 200kg for 3 reps. Knew 215 was not going to happen but loaded it up anyway. Phailed :(

Oh well, next week :)

Soldato
Well if you only did one rep at 200 instead of three, you might have pulled that 215.

Still 200 for 3 is damn good.
I got my anti-hayfever tablets, so I'm going to try my luck at some proper training this week along with my final college work.

Caporegime
Hmm....Just doing a lot of body weight stuff at the moment when time permits...Shoulder still gives me gip :(

Tried a wide back handed pull up and my shoulder made a nice clunk...I think anything relating to that movement (Shoulder press) is a no go =/

Soldato
That sounds rough.

I take it physio is going slowly then? Or have you self medicated instead of seeing a professional?

At any rate, have you try doing nothing but mobility work and taking a break from anything like those pull ups which might affect the healing?

Caporegime
That sounds rough.

I take it physio is going slowly then? Or have you self medicated instead of seeing a professional?

At any rate, have you try doing nothing but mobility work and taking a break from anything like those pull ups which might affect the healing?

I had about 4 months of doing no actual lifting, it hurt if I was ironing my shirts in the morning.

I've been to see a physio, took over 2 months to do it, by that point the pain mainly subsided and my arm was left in whatever condition it was in...I was told the rotator cuff excercises that I do actually could weaken the joint, so hey.

I got given some exercises to do, but they don't seem to do much...Only thing I can do is keep trying.

with regards to mobility, if I do a slow windmill backwards with the dodgey arm it either clicks or clunks like hell :p

Caporegime
OP
70 lengths of the pool last night, all breast stroke, in 60 mins.
Banged out 40 lengths in 30 mins but couldnt keep up the pace after that.
Burned over 700kcals apparently, so had to get them back in me afterwards... HUGE bowl of frosties and full fat milk would have been about 500kcal of that I think :D mmmmmmm

Man of Honour
70 lengths of the pool last night, all breast stroke, in 60 mins.
Banged out 40 lengths in 30 mins but couldnt keep up the pace after that.
Burned over 700kcals apparently, so had to get them back in me afterwards... HUGE bowl of frosties and full fat milk would have been about 500kcal of that I think :D mmmmmmm

Next you'll be sat in the office scoffing a massive cake telling everyone it's your reward for working out like all the fat girls do ;):p

On a slightly different note I've been doing some barbell complexes recently with some weight we have in the house as my gym membership has ran out and I can't really afford to renew until I've sorted a proper post uni job and they are immense even with just 20kg they set your body on fire.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I suppose this settles is:

Dear Customers,

As many of you know, our app has been removed from the Apple AppStore. We tried repeatedly to have the app be placed back in, but could not find an agreeable resolution with Apple Inc.

Our team dedicated over two years to the development of the app - and from the email responses we recieved, we know it was well recieved by many of you. Unfortunately, we are unable to continue to provide support on the iOS platform and our Android app will be recieving the bulk of our attention going forward.

If you have backed up your device, iFitness will always be there and we will pay our bills to ensure the online videos and backup continue to operate.

To help those that want to see the app continue to improve, we have sold all our rights and property to another development team that approached us. Their app, Full Fitness, is currently in stores, and looks great. They have promised to us that they will initially keep the price as low as possible to give a break to our loyal customers. They have also promised to continue our tradition of providing regular free updates based on suggestions given to them at [email protected]. Based on their production speed, I am told that new iPad and MacOS apps should be hitting stores shortly as well.

Either way, we apologize for the shortned lifespan of our product. We truly wish it had worked out differently. Feel free to contact us about anything.

Kind Regards,
Medical Productions Team

Caporegime
OP
I downed a whole tub of ben+jerrys last night, ~1000cals... oops! Ah well its ok because im bulking right :p

I went to harvester yesterday, didn't have a honeycomb explosion pudding. I told myself id get an ice-cream from tesco instead.... crunchie ice cream tub, I had half of it! Only about 400kcals! The honeycomb explosion would have been over 700! Aren't I good lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom