*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
So the chest day went really well I think tonight. First time doing 1RM for bench press so was interesting.

Bench Press
100kg x 3
120kg x 2
130kg x 1
145kg x 1
150kg x 1

Dips
+50kg x 7
+60kg x 6
+70kg x 3

Incline DB Press
27.5kg x 10
45kg x 6
50kg x 7

Pleased with 150kg 1RM for my bench press as I set out to achieve 145kg.

Man of Honour
There was only Oddjob & -Ad- who post in gym related subjects - and me of course! IT was a great meet though! :)

You'd think I'd never posted in here either, just 'cos I've been quiet in this thread for a while due to injury and people forget all about you...

There weren't many big guys there dude! ;)

I was a bit surprised as Thundycat's a pretty hefty chap but he doesn't post in this thread at all that I've seen.

Oh and supersetting hammer curls and barbell curls does make for quite a nice set, you were right.

Man of Honour
Thanks for the kind words regarding my squat guys :)

The aim is for 225kg next monday, but after that I'm going to see what smolov does for me and potentially surprise some people at my next meet.

Man of Honour
You'd think I'd never posted in here either, just 'cos I've been quiet in this thread for a while due to injury and people forget all about you...

:D

I recognised you!!! :p

I was a bit surprised as Thundycat's a pretty hefty chap but he doesn't post in this thread at all that I've seen.

Oh and supersetting hammer curls and barbell curls does make for quite a nice set, you were right.

I don't know if Thundy trains or not - he's quite a stocky guy, though he did say, woah you ARE a big guy! lol!

Glad you liked that superset :)

So the chest day went really well I think tonight. First time doing 1RM for bench press so was interesting.

Pleased with 150kg 1RM for my bench press as I set out to achieve 145kg.

Fantastic work! My days of heavy benching are long gone now :( That's really good work - I know how hard it is to get to such weights!

Man of Honour
Yep that's the plan, capitalise on having nothing to do for a couple of weeks. I've heard of many people gaining 20kg on the base mesocycle which is only three weeks long :confused:

Getting 230kg on monday isn't out of the question, but I'll have to see I'm maxing my deadlift on saturday. If I can get my squat up to around 250, which I think is the upper limit of what's possible, by August I'll be chuffed.

Soldato
going to sound an odd question - but do any of you doing regular weights and/orlost a load of weight - get to a stage where it almost feels like you've got back a small belly?

ie after loosing a load of weight I got to stage where it felt like I had a pretty flat stomach

since then I've lost no further weight but continued to put muscle on - and it now feels like my stomach sticks out like a domed shield - I think its because my sides have become so squeezed in -its made what would have been a flat stomach now feel like its sticking out - its very odd - but wanted others views

I've gone from 13 stone 8 to 9 stone 9 over period of 15 months

I'm going to gym 5 sessions a week for pure weights - no cardio and then on-top running 3 14-16ks in the evening a week - I've my 1st 10 mile race this weekend

cheers

Soldato
cheers- I'm not bothered by it - its just something I've noticed:)

can't wait for the 10miler to be out of way on Sunday as the 14+k practice runs have been taking a lotlonger for my body to recover - normally 2 days without running is needed

I FAR FAR enjoy the gym sessions more than the 16k runs thats for sure ! I'm aiming for 1 hr 18 on Sunday which is not great but good for me

Man of Honour
Visceral fat stays around the organs - you need some to protect the organs, which is why very low BF i dangerous. However, big causes of health issues is down to visceral fat as opposed to subcutaneous fat which is relatively irrelevant.

Man of Honour
Yeah to be clear, I'm only saying not to worry about it if your body fat is quite low but your belly sticks out a little bit. The good news is that this can be remedied by reducing body fat, obviously :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom