*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Good chest session today and properly blasting out 28kg DBs whilst benching with no spotter. Within 2 weeks I'll finally hit the 30kg mark!

Cracking tri-set to finish the Chest/Tri session with:

Seated vertical chest press machine Super-tri-set. 50kg x 8, 30kg x12, 40kg x6 (repeat x3)...... Absolute killer to finish!

Soldato
Had a great shoulder training session today.

Clean and Press
Bar x10
40kg x5
50kg x5
60kg x5
70kg x2
80kg fail, x1
80kg x3

60kg x5

It was really odd, I failed my first rep on 80kg. Only got it halfway up and it came straight down back to my chest. Paused a few seconds, took a breath and BAM, got it up. I probably tried to rush into the press to quickly after cleaning it up.

Took a break, then managed 3 more reps at 80kg.
It was brutal, and hayfever does not help breathing haha.
One of the HUGE tanks, was done training and on the treadmil, the huge man gave me an approving nod as I walked by him after I finished the clean and presses.
Was pretty awesome to say the least.

I noticed during the warmup though when I tightened my grip a lot in my right hand I'd get a little sting in my tricep tendon, the one connecting to the elbow. It's rather odd, not painful really just the odd sting.

It feels similar to a bit of whiplash from boxing on that area. So as a precaution I applied some friction and ice when I got home and took 2 neurofen.

About to pop off to bed and spent a while applying some light friction and ice again.

Hopefully it's nothing, I did notice it first on sunday after I woke up.
Knowing me, I probably slept on my arm while having it twisted weirdly.

I tend to sleep all over the place.

Caporegime
i also get pain in my tricep tendon on my left arm whenever i do isolated tricep exercises, been like that for like 7 years now. it only happens on the warm up, after that it calms down, so you may want to try some isolated tricep exercises to warm it up so to speak.

Soldato
that's some serious weight, congrats.
by the way do you use a belt when doing them?

Didn't touch the belt at all, I do use wrist wraps though. Otherwis my wrists joints are very sore from having to bend backwards when resting the weight on my frontal deltoids.

i also get pain in my tricep tendon on my left arm whenever i do isolated tricep exercises, been like that for like 7 years now. it only happens on the warm up, after that it calms down, so you may want to try some isolated tricep exercises to warm it up so to speak.

It's odd though, I woke up this morning and threw the duvet off; that seems to have twisted the arm enough to get that little pinch for a split second.

Well I've no training today, just final work on my project and documentation. So I'll ice it again a few times and it should hopefully be better come leg training tomorrow and chest Friday.

Soldato
There was only Oddjob & -Ad- who post in gym related subjects - and me of course! IT was a great meet though! :)

Good luck LiE - good weight!

HELL YE (in deep growly voice with chest pushed out)

Lies...Compared to others i'm probably a stick :p

You should see me, I'm a lanky stick.

On a positive note, at the house party after the meet, a few mates I hadn't seen for about 2months commented: '**** Adam, you got big'

Nice to know it's working coming from a fresh pair of eyes.

Man of Honour
8 sets of 4, or 4 sets of 8? :eek:

4 sets of 8... hence why the build up from 40%.

40%
50%
60%
50%
60%
70%
80%
90%

It's going to be the death of me.

I'm doing my first 60% week this week. 120kg squats was a challenge but fine to be honest.

It's the deadlifts that are harder 140kg for reps is never easy! However, at least I drop back down next week, so I build myself back up to 60%, and then it's scary time! :eek:

90% will be heavily spotted, and undoubtedly end up being mainly negatives. However, the way I see it, building myself up gradually, like that, and waivering over the 50-60% for 3-4 weeks should help boost my strength back to where it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom