*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Been about a year since I properly trained and have seen all this new IIFYM hype at the bb.com nutrition boards. Anyone got any experience of using it and whether it gets results

Currently 5'11" and 178 with a decent amount of lbm gonna start a cut at 1800' cals I think 180g protein and 60g fat + whatever else to fill the gap

Caporegime
OP
70 lengths in the pool this afternoon, all breast stroke. quite happy with that as it was full of old women who had no directional skills at all. muppets.

hasn't tired me out at all, so will do some weights in the garage later I think :)

Soldato
70 lengths in the pool this afternoon, all breast stroke. quite happy with that as it was full of old women who had no directional skills at all. muppets.

hasn't tired me out at all, so will do some weights in the garage later I think :)

I'd be over the moon with that! Swimming was never my strong point especially as for some reason I list to the left...

Soldato
I was suprised how little i ate calorie wise when i first added it all up. Was like 1500 or even less, no wonder i was so skinny :p

I'm going to try and eat what I'm supposed to eat today. It's just before 4pm now and I've already eaten what I would usually eat every day. Have another 2 meals and a protein shake to go. Lying on the sofa, unmovable like an anaconda digesting a baby hippo.

Soldato
I finally got my bench back to where it was before injury.
In fact my elbow is still acting up a bit. That little pinch like sensation in my elbow/tricep tendon is still here.

Going to apply a damn deep massage later, along with ice every 3 hours and fix the little bugger.

At any rate.

Incline Bench.
Bar x10
40kg x5
50kg x5
60kg x3
70kg x2
80kg x2

Flat bench.
80kg x5
85kg x5
85kg x5
90kg x2 2-3 second pause 1-2cm from chest. on each rep.
100kg x1, 2 second pause 1cm from chest.
80kg x5

Truth be told I'd probably have easily broken 100 if I didn't bother with all the other sets. Although I didn't even think of going over 85 until one of the tanks there walked up to me and said "go heavier, I'll spot you."

Pec Deck
48kg x5
48kg x5
48kg x5

Seated Bench Press Machine

78kg x5
78kg x5
78kg x5
64kg x5
54kg x5

Bicep Barbbel Curls
25kg x5
30kg x5
30kg x5
30kg x5
30kg x5
30kg x5
I feel dirty doing bicep work and going near those chest machines.
At least I know I don't need to worry too much about my old arm injury.

I just need to sort out that little pinch, it really gets going and hurts if my arm is slightly twisted inwards and i pull something.

I even get it when pulling off my socks. So going to ice and massage the arm into submission.

Man of Honour
Just inquired about joining a new gym. Might end up training at the same place as Freefaller (if he still goes there)!

If that's the Physical Culture Gym in Putney then he doesn't go there much now, if at all. Although I don't know if he still goes back there for the odd session.

Good effort, I don't think I've ever done above 30 lengths of a 25m pool apart from a charity swim once. I don't think the lack of direction is just down to being old though, I'd go swimming more often if I didn't feel like I had to keep avoiding the muppets.

Soldato
Does anyone else suffer from extreme chest failiure mid set? :p
On BB bench and DB press i get the first 4-5 reps out pretty easy then hit a brick wall where i can barely get another out. Short rest and the same happens again :confused:
Had to bench on the smith though which sucks, some monster was hogging the flat bench.

@N19h7m4r3, your elbow thing sounds similar to mine. If you put your arm striahgt, other hand around your elbow and rotate your wrist do you get any pain?

Soldato
@N19h7m4r3, your elbow thing sounds similar to mine. If you put your arm striahgt, other hand around your elbow and rotate your wrist do you get any pain?

Just tried that no pain there.
I only get slight pain when I extend my arm, twist it so my thumb is nearly down, then curl it in and extend again, only when tensing the muscles in the arm
or pulling at something in that fashion.

ElbowJoint.jpg

I get that little flash of pain just behind that bone when really having tension on it , in a pulling motion. Never when pushing really
Such as pulling my socks off gives me that little pinch feel of pain.

yet benching at 100kg does nothing. So it's not really normal tendonitis.

Soldato
Hmm a bit different but also similar :p I'm absolutely fine benching the only thing that really gets me is straight bar tricep pushdowns, and even then only if i lock out. Little bit of 'grinding' going on when i do dips aswell but no pain. It has seemed to be getting better recently, possibly due to taking glucosamine, i dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom