*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Just tried that no pain there.
I only get slight pain when I extend my arm, twist it so my thumb is nearly down, then curl it in and extend again, only when tensing the muscles in the arm
or pulling at something in that fashion.

ElbowJoint.jpg

I get that little flash of pain just behind that bone when really having tension on it , in a pulling motion. Never when pushing really
Such as pulling my socks off gives me that little pinch feel of pain.

yet benching at 100kg does nothing. So it's not really normal tendonitis.

I get the same, only on my left arm, and only when pushing. If i start off some tricep exercises with close grip bench, or dips, or tricep extension (mainly this one!) i get a pinching weird semi-painful but more uncomfortable sensation every rep (pushing). But if i warm up with a rope pulldown or something similar, then move onto those exercises its nowhere near as bad. Still feels kinda funky though.. put it down to a weird nerve placement.

Soldato
Hmm a bit different but also similar :p I'm absolutely fine benching the only thing that really gets me is straight bar tricep pushdowns, and even then only if i lock out. Little bit of 'grinding' going on when i do dips aswell but no pain. It has seemed to be getting better recently, possibly due to taking glucosamine, i dunno.

Glucosamine does help, even if plenty of people state otherwise.

Helped in my leg a lot.

I'm just going to take it easy this weekend and ice it well, every 3-4 hours a day.
I'm done with all my uni work and just need to do some demonstrations next week.

Next week is also a light training week at only 65-70% max so it should help.

It's odd that notice a grinding though, maybe it's due to lack of a proper warmup.
I tensed my arms as hard as possible earlier and made the motion for a bench press starting at my chest outward and i got a loud pop from the elbow.

My elbows also hyper extend very very easily.

If I extend them all the way there's about 2cm gap from my elbow joint to a straight line from myhand to shoulder.

elbowextend.png

So I probably hyper-extended it and got a pinch in the tendon or in the joint.

Last edited:
Soldato
Good session today. Still strength training with the aim of getting a 200kg deadlift and 200kg squat before I go abroad this summer.

Bench Press:
20kg x 10
90kg x 5
90kg x 5
90kg x 5

Squat:
60kg x 5
160kg x5
160kg x5
160kg x5

WG Pull ups
3x5

Weighted (+10kg) dips
3x5

Brilliant.:cool:

Associate
Went to a new gym today 'cos my regular one is closed for maintenance. You powerlifting guys would love it!! Huge tyres, falmers walk kit, sledges, atlas stones, power cages, cars (yes, actual cars!!) and all kinds of kit I don't know the name of as well as the usual bodybuilding kit and a few boxing bags. And a boxing ring!

Thinking of switching my membership now. :D

Man of Honour
Had a quick half hour in the gym to split up my revision today, decided to do the cosgrove complex

Deadlift
Romanian Deadlift
Bentover Row
Power Clean
Front Squat
Push Press
Back Squat
Good Morning

I didn't do the good mornings as I'm deadlifting tomorrow and they've bothered my lower back before, and I just don't like them :p

6 reps of each then 90 seconds rest, then 5 reps, 4 reps, 3, 2, 1... with 60kg. ****thebed

Soldato
Last week my personal best dead lift was 95kg. This week I went for 100kg and did it quite easily so added more. I ended up lifting 115kg, I had to count it a few times to make sure. So a 20kg increase in 1 week isn't bad :D
I think I managed that much more because my technique has really improved since first trying dead lifting 2 weeks ago.

Next week 120kg :)

Managed 120kg yesterday and was probably the most light headed I've ever been :D
125kg next friday? Challenge accepted.

I can only bench 50kg, slightly more on smiths, so I think I should train chest more. Would training chest twice a week be a good idea?

Soldato
Managed 120kg yesterday and was probably the most light headed I've ever been :D
125kg next friday? Challenge accepted.

I can only bench 50kg, slightly more on smiths, so I think I should train chest more. Would training chest twice a week be a good idea?

No reason why not, as long as there's sufficient rest between each day.

I train everything every session...:p

Man of Honour
Had a quick half hour in the gym to split up my revision today, decided to do the cosgrove complex

Deadlift
Romanian Deadlift
Bentover Row
Power Clean
Front Squat
Push Press
Back Squat
Good Morning

I didn't do the good mornings as I'm deadlifting tomorrow and they've bothered my lower back before, and I just don't like them :p

6 reps of each then 90 seconds rest, then 5 reps, 4 reps, 3, 2, 1... with 60kg. ****thebed

Wow it was a massive error doing this last night! Surprising amount of DOMS in my hammies, glutes and lower back this morning. Was meant to do a 245kg deadlift today but everything was too fatigued, even the warm ups to 220kg felt hard. I also spent AGES working with a lacrosse ball as basically my entire posterior chain was roasted :confused:. Had a crack at 245kg and it left the floor, the video I have of it basically shows I fail in the muscles I'm sore in. Only problem is I have to wait a couple of weeks to have another go, but I'm feeling more confident about it weirdly.

Soldato
Im tempted to try that ^ Pretty sure i would die though. I'll have to go when its quiet so no one laughs at me when i collapse in a corner :D

Oh and going out drinking last night has killed me. So far today ive eaten a bowl of muesli and a sandwich..oops. Last night out of the year though so 2 more weeks of killing it in the gym before i head home for summer :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I think it'll be easier once you're a little more used to the stress it causes; I've not done complexes in a long time. The weight was ok, I think 50kg might have been too easy, so I'm going to stick to 60kg and just make sure I don't attempt any PBs the next day :rolleyes::p

I did get some funny looks, although I literally couldn't care less what a bunch of bicep boys and weird half deadlifters think of me.

Associate
saw the worst deadlift form ever today.
Arching the back like there's no tomorrow, while his belt was just under his pecs lol.

and hyperextending to about 40 degrees at the end of each rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom