*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
good to see more people try complexes.

They're brutal on the body. Just like you found out icecold hahaha!

I love it when people try it for the first time and go on about how easy it is, until after the 3 set and their panting and covered in sweat.
The next few days they can't even move.

It's such a good set though, although you've learned the hard way never to try them the same week as training heavy. They can really take their toll.

Soldato
I'm doing Mark Rippletoe's strength program at the moment. My work out is day A: Squat, Bench, Dead lift, work out B: Squat, Press, Power Clean.

Does anyone know if there is anything I could substitute the power clean for? Probably a case of manning up but I struggle to do it... specially after squats.

Associate
I'm doing Mark Rippletoe's strength program at the moment. My work out is day A: Squat, Bench, Dead lift, work out B: Squat, Press, Power Clean.

Does anyone know if there is anything I could substitute the power clean for? Probably a case of manning up but I struggle to do it... specially after squats.

I'm doing the same but having trouble with my flexibility when trying to get into the rack position.

Hopefully I'll get there with lots of stretching.

**edit**

I did do some searching around about the alternatives and a few people suggested barbell rows but Rippetoe says there a pretty poor substitution.

This article might be useful though: http://www.defrancostraining.com/as...ighted-jumps-for-explosive-hip-extension.html

Just found this nicely detailed article on the power clean, includes progressions for learning it step by step.
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online...ing_performance/how_to_master_the_power_clean

Last edited:
Soldato
My arms feels really well from all the friction and ice.

Sadly it's still tender and I can still feel a niggle whe fully extended and tensed.

So no training really this week, I'll train legs though.
Nothing else though, ugh.

Ah well, ice, rest and good food should sort it out.

Soldato
Might be worth posting this in here for a reply from anyone else too!

My workout untill recently was;

A

Squats - 3x5
BOR - 3x5
Deadlift - 3x5
Pull ups
dips

B

Squats 3*5
Bench 3*5
Standing Military Press 3*5
Pull ups
dips.

Begbie, I'm wanting to start a nice simple routine such as yours. How do you train, do you go for the progressive weight increases like in Stronglifts or HST, or do you just work at say 80 - 90% and increase your weights once you feel you're no longer struggling to complete the sets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom