*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
ouch :( my left wrist gave way doing my max incline bench today

carried on with the session - but wrist a bit sore - feelslike oneof the very small bones/ligments between the knuckle and the hand :( still did a good arms and chest session

this evening did a 17k run (1hr30) - with the hope its good near enough race distance (21k) for the 1/2 marathon I'm thinking of entering in - week Sunday- 17k tonight was very undulating - the half is completely flat - so should be ok.... I think

watch reckoned 1130 calories- so thats not too bad :) its all mindover matter I think - I put my cap on - "relax" and just keep going and going .... lol

Last edited:
Associate
Balls can't make that time, got to be at Wandsworth town hall to register intent to marry with the future wife.

12 would have suited me as she's off out after to try on dresses so got the afternoon free

Man of Honour
Balls can't make that time, got to be at Wandsworth town hall to register intent to marry with the future wife.

12 would have suited me as she's off out after to try on dresses so got the afternoon free

There will be other occasions I'm sure :)

I just like to get my training over and done with so I can get on with eating and relaxing! :D

Though I am planning on dragging oddjob out for a drink or two later! :D

Associate
Awesome! Gives me a bit of time to do a few more workouts to try and get a bit of strength up before I train with you.

Was there this afternoon doing back and bi's. Deadlifted 5 x 150 which went well so I think I'll be back up to 170 maybe within the next three weeks. Squatting on Friday which is where I need to focus, going to try a wider stance as I was losing balance before

Hoping to get 140kg by September which is still low but better than it is now!

Soldato
Good session tonight, but 90kg bench for three sets still evades me:

Bench:
90kg 5,5,4
60kg 5, 5

Squat:
60kg 5
100kg 5
162.5kg 5 5 5

Bent Over Barbell Row (from the floor):
75kg 5 5 5

Soldato
Very strong squat there paradox, keep at it! :cool:

As for the bench, how is your form? Making a few adjustments if you haven't already made them could be the difference between making that bench and missing it.

Caporegime
OP
anyway, got into the pool tonight, 1h20m later I get out with a big smile on my face.

100 lengths!
all breastroke, and my form is **** tbh. Head above water at all times (well 95% of time) and leg action is not symetrical at all. so it was harder on my body than it should be lol.

130kg up and down the pool 100 times!! go me :D

Caporegime
Good session tonight, but 90kg bench for three sets still evades me:

Bench:
90kg 5,5,4
60kg 5, 5

Squat:
60kg 5
100kg 5
162.5kg 5 5 5

Bent Over Barbell Row (from the floor):
75kg 5 5 5

i dont know if you have listed all your sets, but 30kg jumps and 62.5kg jumps are insane. high chance of injury. i tend to jump 10-15% max at a time.

Associate
I always did similar jumps on my squats on HST, as you can see the 60k and 100k set are simply warmups, they are enough to get the body boing in my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom