*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
I find my heels sometimes raising during squats in my converse, anyway to stop this?
Make sure the bar isn't too high on your back.

Try to keep your shin vertical.

To practice, stand with your feet less than an inch away from the wall. If possible put a broomstick handle on your back where the bar would be. Descend into the full squat position without falling over ;)

J.T

J.T

Soldato
I've just split my work trousers again due to size of my legs/thighs!

Does anyone know where you can get wide legged suit trousers? :(

J.T

J.T

Soldato
What I do is buy fat ****** ones (38" waist) and get them tailored around the waist so that I don't need a ridiculous belt, yet still fit my legs into it.

Thanks FF but I'm already doing that, I have to by 36" trousers and Jeans, Jeans ten to be ok but trouser legs are always tighter and if I go to 38" even tailored I think it may look a bit silly.

All hope is lost.... :(

Just in case you are wondering I have 27" thighs.

Man of Honour
I wouldn't mind dropping another inch to 34" - that would be my ideal. But considering I'm holding quite little BF, but most of mine is cortisol-centric and I store it below the belly button and on the obliques it's going to need a big lifestyle change - I need to de-stress for a start - my BP is quite high at the moment too :(I

J.T

J.T

Soldato
bloody skinny waisted people! :p

LOL, I wish!

I wouldn't mind dropping another inch to 34" - that would be my ideal. But considering I'm holding quite little BF, but most of mine is cortisol-centric and I store it below the belly button and on the obliques it's going to need a big lifestyle change - I need to de-stress for a start - my BP is quite high at the moment too :(I

I'm 34" (33" really) at the moment but trying to cut, even if I only get to 32" I will be happy, I have a bad problem with fat storage same as you! :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Very strong squat there paradox, keep at it! :cool:

As for the bench, how is your form? Making a few adjustments if you haven't already made them could be the difference between making that bench and missing it.

Cheers. My squat is clearly my strongest lift by far, I just find them so easy compared to deads and bench.:o

For bench I try to follow the form that seems to be described in powerlifting videos online. So I keep my shoulder blades squeezed together and my chest out, and plant my feet firmly on the ground. I also keep my elbows tucked in slightly as I've heard it's much better for long-term shoulder health than allowing them to flare out in a sort of "fly" fashion. The bar hits my chest slightly below the nipples and I try to press vertically upwards.

i know they are warm ups that is blatantly obvious.

it would have been much safer to do

missing the 140 just makes it a crazy leap. its only 1 more set just to get the body used to the weight increasing.

jumping from 100 to 162.5 that is that like a over 50% jump, and imo risking injuries?

I've always warmed up that way. A bit of stretching and a couple of warm up sets. Any more and I find I can't push myself to get 3 sets at the highest weight, which is what I'm ultimately aiming at. Also, my workouts already take nearly an hour which is about the limit of the time I can spare during exams etc!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom