*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
is that freefaller?

seriosuly though, that is a leverage bench press - woman weighs like 45kg, so he is basically benching like 25kg in real terms. i reckon most of us could have a crack at that no problem.

Last edited:
Soldato
is that freefaller?

seriosuly though, that is a leverage bench press - woman weighs like 45kg, so he is basically benching like 25kg in real terms. i reckon most of us could have a crack at that no problem.

Not too concerned about the weight, more so getting under the model ;) agreed it's basically just endurance however I'd probably end up with a stonking erection with her bouncing about on top of me.

Caporegime
the first one was really hot, also is it not a bit unfair they are using a person? couldnt they just find the lightest person and use them? or does the model have to weigh a certain amount?

Soldato
I'm enjoying a cheat day today 3 bottles of real ale. I've got bad back doms today after yesterdays back session, went for a 15 mile bike ride today and my ass is killing.

Associate
is that freefaller?

not really, she's sitting at the end of the "lever" so he's probably not even benching a 3rd of her 45 kg body.

Soldato
Pretty good session despite the heat.

70kgx8 bench, twice. i guess my max is probably more than 80 then :p
Elbow wasnt feeling so great after dips though so had to ease back a tad on pulldowns.

Lovely roast chicken, sweet potato and stuffing to eat now though :D:cool:

@Steedie, you man.

Associate
sounds like tendonitis i have a similar problem, it goes away if i warm up properly by starting light and increasing the weight in small increments. if i jump straight into a working set with inadequate warm up, it burns like hell.

That is exactly what I have, at first it was my right elbow a year ago then it got recovered after 2 months, now its my left elbow :(

I agree, always start with low weight then move up slowly.

Could be tendonitis.
Drop the weight and then do it and see if it still causes pain.

If it does, see a physio or doctor.

yeah its fine with low weight once i go over 20KG then I feel the pain, maybe in few weeks if pain didn't go away or can't live with it. then i ll book for an appointment.

thanks

Soldato
I have a question;

How can moderately overweight, 50+ yr old women be personal trainers :confused: The person she was 'training' was in far better shape than her and could actually do all the exercises properly unlike the half assed example the PT gave..

Soldato
I have a question;

How can moderately overweight, 50+ yr old women be personal trainers :confused: The person she was 'training' was in far better shape than her and could actually do all the exercises properly unlike the half assed example the PT gave..

Because they have knowledge?

You only have to look at the greatest boxing trainers in history to see this.

Soldato
Because they have knowledge?

You only have to look at the greatest boxing trainers in history to see this.

Arent boxing trainers usually still in shape though?(i know nothing about boxing fyi) This woman was certainly not in shape and don't see how she could motivate anyone :o I just dont get how they can teach people but not use their 'knowledge' on themselves.

Man of Honour
Arent boxing trainers usually still in shape though?(i know nothing about boxing fyi) This woman was certainly not in shape and don't see how she could motivate anyone :o I just dont get how they can teach people but not use their 'knowledge' on themselves.

She was using the if don't work out you will end up looking like me sort of motivation :p

Soldato
Unfortunately you don't need to be fit yourself, just be qualified. Although me personally, I wouldn't give my money to anyone who doesn't follow what they preach

Yep,

Just started, working in a gym part time and some of the people there don't even train themselves. It's shocking. The qualifications aren't hard to get. That's why good PT's aren't easy to come by.

Soldato
At my gym in Nottingham there is currently a gang of Training Room trainee PTs. Most of them are average physique, one very short guy has a great physique, and there's a guy there who is obese! Who is he going to train at the end of his £800 or whatever PT course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom