*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
It's also one of the biggest causes of shoulder injury ;)
the way some of the muscles rub against bone can cause quite a lot of pain.

Yet to find something that works better though.

I can be thankful then my problems are all in my right elbow. Since the day I injured in a year a go it still acts up form time to day.#

So hot in the Gym yesterday, after my Squats my pumps were soaking wet :)

Anyone here use liquid chalk? Summer time my palms are sweatier than Gary Glitters at Pre-School.

I ue liquid chalk, as does many here. It helps a lot.
I use very little though, only about3-4 mm ball of it in my palm. Just enough to keep the hands dry.

The gym's I go to don't allow chalk but they make an exception for me since I never make a mess and always tidy up after myself.

Last edited:

kai

kai

Soldato
for the last two weeks in my shoulder session i have included the Dragan Challange;

Curl & Press a set of 16kg dumbbells for 100 reps, shoulders get an absolute blasting. It takes me 4/5 sets to do this - 1 minute rest

kai

kai

Soldato
So a curl then an Arnold press?

yeah, do a quick google for it but its You take two 16kg dumb-bells and perform as many biceps curl to presses as you can, swapping sides after each rep. Oh, and you can't rest between reps or drop either weight – if you do, you’re finished - I REST :rolleyes:

"Dragan Radovic does more than 1000 reps continous and has taken on entire teams, several teams one after the other. i watched him and his son do it this year at body expo

Last edited:
Soldato
Well lads, today I smashed the benchpress!
I bent it over and made it my female canine!

benchpress
40kg x5
50kg x5
60kg x3
80kg x3
90kg x2
100kg x1
110kg x1
110kg x1
100kg x5
90kg x5
90kg x5

Dumbell bench press

30kg x5
30kg x5

Evil barbbell bicep curls, oh How I HATE them
20kg x5
25kg x5
30kg x5
30kg x5
30kg x5
30kg x5

My bench seems to have been mostly a mental block.
For over a year I've been terrified of going near 100kg since I badly injured my arm and nearly tore a tendon with it.

All it took was a randomer a few weeks ago to make me try 100kg to get it out of my head.

Despite the heat I barely broke a sweat!

fckyeah_censored.png

Associate
Had a bit of a disaster on legs today.

I thought it would be fine as my knee has been feeling great these last few days. Did two warmup sets of squats, stuck some weight on and bam on rep 3 my right knee hurt like hell:(

So I did a few legs curls with very light weight and that hurt too. Then five mins later knee felt fine, I don't get it! Anyway, I did the best I could on the leg press, extensions and hamstring curls.

Finished off with an awesome calf workout, 3 min calf workout taken from Muscltalk - got a huge pump in them, I highly recommend it.

Really annoyed with the squat as it is desperately what i need to focus on but my knee just wouldn't have it:( It's an odd injury, right at the top of the kneecap really aches but then it goes away as quick as it appears.

Soldato
Terrible leg day. Really need to get some kind of fan setup/AC in the garage now because it was seriously hot enough to cook a pizza in today! Didn't even make it up to my working sets before drowning in a sea of my own sweat.

Bailed out and off to a beer garden now, then moving all my equipment to the local wind tunnel for tomo's shoulder session!

Soldato
Beast of a back day. Smashed my deads PB by 10kg and cranked out 3 solid reps with full lockouts.

I don't know if it's the sun, my diet or whatever, but I have an incredible feeling of well being and my strength levels is in the stratosphere. Looking forward to a weekend off, eating and resting and attempting my bench PB on Monday.

Man of Honour
I've been out of the gym for almost 2 months due to lack of funds :(, but on a happier note I've found a way to finance it and I'll be back on Monday :D
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Soldato
My home gym membership restarted today so its just gone out of my account. Gone up £10/month since xmas without them bothering to tell me. No way is it worth £40, gonna have to try haggle esporta :(:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom